Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCA/Fitness test

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Muffins5520

Hi guys, which comes first, the medical or fitness? And can anyone advise on how soon you are informed of this after you complete online learning? Are the medical/ PCA dates dependant on your vetting outcome?
    Thanks
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Hi guys, which comes first, the medical or fitness? And can anyone advise on how soon you are informed of this after you complete online learning? Are the medical/ PCA dates dependant on your vetting outcome?
    Thanks
    :)

Hey Muffins
    PCA/Fitness comes before the medical! Our PCA appointments came out before online learning was completed so I cant answer that question. Personally my vetting cleared just after passing PCA but I know others on here that cleared before that or even weeks after their medicals. Hopefully they will be in a position to sort out your PCA appointments now that online learning and vetting has all returned.

Hey Bunsen burner, thanks for the reply, are you 1509/ what stage are you at currently?

No probs Muffins! Yes im in the 1509 campaign and have all stages complete! Im currently in the "Waiting Room" hoping to get that dream phone call within the next few months!

If I can help with any other queries just give me a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭jordansp21

No probs Muffins!  Yes im in the 1509 campaign and have all stages complete!  Im currently in the "Waiting Room" hoping to get that dream phone call within the next few months!

If I can help with any other queries just give me a shout!
    is the PCA hard Bunsen or just average?

• Advertisement

jordansp21 wrote: »

PCA is very doable if you have a decent level of fitness. I had to retest but I was soooo nervous the first time and felt like my chest was going to cave in!! The support sessions are grest though! Thankfully I was slightly more confident on the second attempt and passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭jordansp21

jordansp21 wrote: »

PCA is very doable if you have a decent level of fitness.  I had to retest but I was soooo nervous the first time and felt like my chest was going to cave in!!  The support sessions are grest though! Thankfully I was slightly more confident on the second attempt and passed!
    Cheers Bunsen are the support sessions only offered if you fail the first time?

Yip! There is the Familiarisation day before your PCA! Defo get to it, really helps and you get to see the course all set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

So If you fail first time they let you redo the fitness?alsI do you have to take a form to your GP for the medical?

So If you fail first time they let you redo the fitness?alsI do you have to take a form to your GP for the medical?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭hopeful2017

Yes you take the medical form to your gp and you fill in the sections marked and leave the rest for your gp.

Personally if you focus more on cardio towards the pca focusing on sprints circuits and maybe some weight training for strength personally worked for me I passed first time I actually made a mistake during the fitness test and still had a good amount of time left if you give it your all from start to finish focus on your breathing throughout the first lap should be your fastest naturally your second and third will be slower I felt like I was walking on the third lap during the sprinting element of the test make sure your give it your all that's when you will make time up

Yes I'm working on fitness just didnt realise that they let you re-test?also do you send the form to your GP or make an app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Worldmap23

For the PCA and familiarisation sessions are you able to park at the venue? Or park close by and walk?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Yup. Room at the venue for parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Worldmap23

blueboat wrote: »
    Yup. Room at the venue for parking.

That's great, thanks!

Have you guys got a date for fitness,if so what a bracket are you in

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Just back from familarisation. Well worth going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Just back from familarisation. Well worth going to.

I was also at familiarisation, plenty of people there.

Definitely worth going to even (as in my case) if you have done it before. It's helpful getting to attempt any sections we may have been worried about.

What scores are they down to with regards pca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Familiarisation a great help! Few of us must have been at the same one lol

• Advertisement

Timetravel wrote: »
    Familiarisation a great help! Few of us must have been at the same one lol

Do they have a morning and afternoon session for familarisation or is it just a one for all?

Do they have a morning and afternoon session for familarisation or is it just a one for all?

Think there's a good few sessions throughout the day

Timetravel wrote: »
    Think there's a good few sessions throughout the day

Didn't know that, I know they do more than one per day for the actual test.

I suppose they would need to, considering the number of candidates still waiting.

How's everyone feeling about it after today? The drag was the biggest snag for me personally!

How's everyone feeling about it after today? The drag was the biggest snag for me personally!

A lot happier after trying the stuff. Push/pull only thing I never bothered with but didn't like the tunnel much lol

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Having seen it in person I personally thought the cardio aspect of it has been slightly exaggerated compared to the actual reality.

Accuracy and attention to the small details seem to be the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭C3POPO

Having seen it in person I personally thought the cardio aspect of it has been slightly exaggerated compared to the actual reality.
    I hope you are still thinking that by the third lap :):)

What score bracket are us in ,just so I can guesstimate when I will get a date

What score bracket are us in ,just so I can guesstimate when I will get a date

Maybe give recruitment a call rather than trying to guess, every intake that's been processed seems to have had various differences each time in regards to time scales. Have you seen the other threads or the FOIs?

• Advertisement

Yes floating in and out of threads and only seen one foi,do you know of a foi with breakdown of scores etc

Advertisement