Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Waterstones on Dawson Street open again?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I think I heard tower records was moving to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidmaguire_

Where is Waterstones in Dublin then, on waterstones website they say they have a store in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I've not seen any waterstones in the CC.

Miss the cafe they had there, nice tea and a book was hard to beat.

Figured out why Waterstones say they have a store in Dublin , they were on about Hodges Figgis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The ex-Waterstones unit is much larger than Towers existing Wicklow Street one - do they actually have the stock to fill it? They are somewhat cramped in the current one but I'd be unsure about being *that* cramped.

I've had one case where due to space reasons staff have had to search for an album - it was put in an obtuse location due to being only released on vinyl with the CD shoved inside the splicase, yet intended to be put in the normal alphabetical cases, meaning it wasn't put in the vinyl section. Took over ten minutes to find where it had been stuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I really don't get why Tower would relocate to that site. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful shop, but I think it's on the wrong side of the street and it's a street that has suffered pretty badly with closures. Maybe there's rent issues with the one they're currently in?

I know Waterstones are opening up new shops in the UK, but would be surprised if they were to open any in the Republic anytime soon. The situation on Dawson Street, with them owning HF and the Waterstones across the road, was bizarre but mainly due to mergers and buyouts of companies in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

A bit unrelated but the proposed cos store to open on the existing tower site is a bit grim

http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Shop/Women/Dresses

Probably more suited to fashion board but jaysus, all looks a bit Magdalen Laundry to me !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

tempura wrote: »
    A bit unrelated but the proposed cos store to open on the existing tower site is a bit grim

Probably more suited to fashion board but jaysus, all looks a bit Magdalen Laundry to me !

I guess we now know what happens to the props from movies like Equilibrium when they're done filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tower maybe wanted more space for bands to perform at album launches, would be my guess at least what with HMV up the road in Dundrum and down the road in Henry Street both offering the same thing to bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

tempura wrote: »

Looks great to me!
    I find most of the clothes in shops far too fussy and busy - it can be hard to find simple clothes with clean lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Donaldio

Is there a Waterstones in the Jervis center ? Or is that a H+F ?

There was a Waterstones there, now its ''Raidar'' a clothes shop.

Advertisement