Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working other jobs on 457 visa

Options
  • 30-11-2013 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Im a holder of a 457 visa. Was made redundant a few months back, but I have a nomination sent in for a new sponsor so I can stay in the country till a decision is made on that. There's a condition in the visa which says we are not to work for any other employer. But I'm here running low on funds. Does anyone here who has being on a 457 know about working for other employers while still on a 457 and had any trouble down along the line? ie, going for PR etc. can immigration see you have being working on TFN when your not meant to be. Or what about ABN?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Hi, Im a holder of a 457 visa. Was made redundant a few months back. Im looking for new sponsors but cant seem to find one just yet. Theres a condition in the visa which says we are not to work for any other employer. But I'm here running low on funds. Does anyone here who has being on a 457 know about working for other employers while still on a 457 and had any trouble down along the line? ie, going for PR etc. can immigration see you have being working on TFN when your not meant to be. Or what about ABN?

How many is a few months ago? If it's more than three u should be gone already.

Otherwise no, there is no chance of working while searching for a new job.

If funds are low, you need to get your old boss to book you a flight home as that's their responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

If you were made redundant a few months ago and your employer has notified immigration then you probably don't have a visa and shouldn't be still in the country either working or not working. Maybe you should try to find out if your employer has notified immigration as soon as you as you may end up in alot of trouble if you are found to be here illegally. Obviously you can't work for another company while on a 457 visa..what would be the point of getting a company to sponsor you. A mate of mine when he was looking for sponsordhip just got the phone book out and start ringing any company in his trade to ask for sponsorship and it worked.

Advertisement