Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone been through the K-1 Fiance process?

• 30-11-2013 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

I am currently starting the process of applying for a K-1 Fiance visa (me being the beneficiary) and just wondering if anyone has had experience with this process.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Well my wife and i started the K1 visa but we decided to switch to the CR1 visa as it would allow me to work from the moment I entered the states. The issue is with the K1 visa is once you enter the states and once you get married. You then have to wait 90+ days to get your greencard which is a CR1 greencard. So we cancelled our K1 app but didnt get any money back off it and went for a straight greencard. We did a courthouse/registry office marriage and haven't looked back. Im entering the US next month on it. If you need any advise let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kenoscully

Hi JJbrien,

First of all, congrats!!!

Yes, I have queried the CR-1 but advised by a couple of different lawyers not to try it (possibly so they can get money) as I will be entering into a same-sex relationship. With these being so new, it is meant to be harder to process via CR-1 (God knows why) so have to stick with the K-1.

Being honest, the main things I'm worried about is the interview and also the fat I will have to stay in the country for 90+ days without work and not being able to return home.

Did you do your interview in Dublin? How was it?

Very easy just asked me when we got married. They will prob as you when you plan to get married and when you guys met. If its a tall black man doing it hes grand. Make sure you get a joint sponsor for the AOS if you dont they require for other half to have 5k in the bank someone at the embassy had to go away and get one. Which delayed her app

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kenoscully

Thanks JJ

AOS?

kenoscully wrote: »
    Thanks JJ

AOS?

Affidavit of Support

• Advertisement
Advertisement