Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs which are considered sh1te by the masses that You Love.

Options
  • 30-11-2013 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

I always liked Little James by Oasis, Liam Gallaghers first album song. It was derided by the music media. The lyrics are simplistic sure but I like the melody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

A lot of Irish folk, but here's a few that spring to mind;

Mary Coughlan

Dolores Keane

Jimmy MacCarthy (personal favourite)

Christy Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Radiohead's Pablo Honey album.

Well, I wouldn't say that I love it but I think it's very underrated and has some great tracks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

How would you define the "masses"? Do you mean the general record-buying public, or do you mean all the music critics/ press? This would make a difference to the answers given.

If you mean the general public, you would have to pick songs that were not a success in the charts and/or the request shows. If you mean the music scribes, you are talking about songs that they consider rubbish and may well have been bought by the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Use to love Hundred Reasons in my teens, only had one big album

http://youtu.be/r_FUr7Zsi6c

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I think 'The masses' generally has a much worse taste in music than I do. Not trying to be a music snob or elitist or anything but in fairness there is an awful lot of dire pop music.
    Having said that, we all have our guilty pleasures so I'll try to think of something and post it up.
    Actually. I've been getting really into original 70's Disco over the last few years and that has had a very negative image in the press and thus with the masses since it saturated the market in the late 70s and early 80s.
    Here is a Disco mix I did recently that may change your mind on Disco. Or not.#
    http://www.mixcloud.com/iamstop/passion-of-the-crates-phoenix-disco-power-funk-space-warp-20-oct-2013/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Suas11 wrote: »
    Radiohead's Pablo Honey album.

Well, I wouldn't say that I love it but I think it's very underrated and has some great tracks on it.

My favourite album of theirs.

SACRILEGE!!

Advertisement