Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek13 Matchday Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Panthro wrote: »
    The guy that's second overall has Boruc as his keeper with Given as his back up. (Given owned by 8.8%..WTF?!)
    I guess people don't like wasting transfers on a sub keeper, me included. I have Kelvin Davis as mine, he's third choice at Southampton. :pac:

I'm shocked more people are not bringing in Pantilimon. Great value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

BNMC wrote: »
    I guess people don't like wasting transfers on a sub keeper, me included. I have Kelvin Davis as mine, he's third choice at Southampton. :pac:

Most people feel its only a matter of time until Hart will be back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »

pantimilon could end up like ramsey( we think its too good to be true and that it will stop but it never does.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Boruc out for 6 weeks!

You watch too much Sky Sports. The bias they have towards their World Cup pin up boy Hart is hilarious and bordering on the obsessive. I don't see why Pantilimon would be dropped, he's doing nothing wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Fizman wrote: »
    Boruc out for 6 weeks!

Awesome. Davis is injured too apparently so Gazzaniga will play.

Saves me a transfer.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Saves me a transfer.

I have boruc and davis you couldnt make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Highs and lows, 50th highest score last week (109) to a miserly 47 points this week. Have dropped 35k places and blew a chance at a number of monthly prizes.

35 points from 3 defenders & my keeper, 12 points from the other 7 players. A bad week, hopefully soon forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

myself and my opponent in the ffs cup are tied on 73, anyone know what happens to decide the winner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Saves me a transfer.

For how long?

• Advertisement

You watch too much Sky Sports. The bias they have towards their World Cup pin up boy Hart is hilarious and bordering on the obsessive. I don't see why Pantilimon would be dropped, he's doing nothing wrong.

I agree re Sky Sports and the obsessive coverage. I posted about it here Thursday morning after the Plizen game.

You aren't going to try and tell me though that you think Pantilimom is a better 'keeper than Hart? He's doing nothing wrong but Hart is still the better goalkeeper in the long run.

In fairness he gets alot of pressure from the media. Just look at his predecessors they have destroyed - James, Robinson, Green, Carson.

Correct, Hart is the better keeper overall but he was costing City games with his mistakes and was rightly dropped. Pantilimon makes a lot more mistakes (terrible under a high ball) but they're not as costly as Hart's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

roryc wrote: »
    Good move, get rid of the best defender in the game (imo) :)

Hence why I'm keeping him, I probably phrased it poorly. My thinking was to boost my midfield which is in rag order. However the last 2 weeks were a timely reminder of why I brought him in in the first place as I was losing patience.

Like most sundays my mind has been violated by Ramsey! :eek:

Correct, Hart is the better keeper overall but he was costing City games with his mistakes and was rightly dropped. Pantilimon makes a lot more mistakes (terrible under a high ball) but they're not as costly as Hart's.

It is feasible though to think that Hart will eventually regain his place.

It is feasible though to think that Hart will eventually regain his place.
    He will if Pantilimon makes a Hart type blunder. Until then he's my number one. Great value.

He will if Pantilimon makes a Hart type blunder. Until then he's my number one. Great value.

I'll stick with Mignolet and Harper. No worrying about Mig not starting.

Bad gameweek 48(-4). Dropped over 60k places to 140k. First gw this season that I got lower than 50 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Suffocate

Any word on Oscar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Suffocate wrote: »
    Any word on Oscar?

This is all I could find: Apparently he tweeted saying all was ok.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/chelseas-brazilian-star-oscar-posts-a-positive-injury-update-on-instagram/

He still got the chop from my team last night, Chelsea have plenty going on in midfield to risk him imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

63 points for the week brings me to 72,199, which is a very marginal rise.

PARlance wrote: »
    This is all I could find: Apparently he tweeted saying all was ok.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/chelseas-brazilian-star-oscar-posts-a-positive-injury-update-on-instagram/

He still got the chop from my team last night, Chelsea have plenty going on in midfield to risk him imo.

Great news. Will hold onto him and bank my transfer now. He looks a better bet than Hazard at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Great news. Will hold onto him and bank my transfer now. He looks a better bet than Hazard at the minute.

I meant to say this last night as I read your post enquiring about Hazards play yesterday, somebody replied that he was as useful as an (insert dreadful witticism here) but I thought he was one of Chelsea's best players from the snatches of the match I saw(possibly an hour in total while doing one or two small jobs). I would have little in it but I'd consider Hazard more likely to come out on top in a points race with Oscar. Mata was very good but what security does he have of starts?

I didn't see any of the Spurs game yesterday, I'll watch highlights later, it seems Paulinho was used in the hole behind Soldado and this worked reasonably well, in my opinion Holtby is too light and physically weak for the premiership right now, it wouldn't surprise me to see Paulinho getting a bit of a run in that spot. With that in mind and a decent run of fixtures ahead of him he's currently vying with Lampard as my replacement for Mirallas who looks set to lose quite a lot if not almost all of his gametime to Delefou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I didn't see any of the Spurs game yesterday, I'll watch highlights later, it seems Paulinho was used in the hole behind Soldado and this worked reasonably well, in my opinion Holtby is too light and physically weak for the premiership right now, it wouldn't surprise me to see Paulinho getting a bit of a run in that spot. With that in mind and a decent run of fixtures ahead of him he's currently vying with Lampard as my replacement for Mirallas who looks set to lose quite a lot if not almost all of his gametime to Delefou.

I second that, I was joking with a lad that came on to gloat about his 80 point week yesterday, he hadn't looked at his team in weeks, if not months, and had Nolan and Paulinho in it. I asked him what he was doing with those two.
    But after watching a good chunk of the Spurs game, Paulinho is someone that I'll be keeping an eye on, he was getting in some decent positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Just brought him in for Boruc whom I have had from day 1. Resale was only 4.8 but had the additional 0.1 for Pantilimon.

A fractured hand for a goalie is two months out minimum and with the Christmas conjestion that's a LONG time in Fantasy football- probably 10-12 fantasy weeks. Already had Speroni as a playing back up so if he gets dropped I am covered and will have a playing goalie. I can see a lot of people making similar jumps.

I meant to say this last night as I read your post enquiring about Hazards play yesterday, somebody replied that he was as useful as an (insert dreadful witticism here) but I thought he was one of Chelsea's best players from the snatches of the match I saw(possibly an hour in total while doing one or two small jobs). I would have little in it but I'd consider Hazard more likely to come out on top in a points race with Oscar. Mata was very good but what security does he have of starts?

I always thought this myself re Hazard and Oscar but I'm not so sure watching the two.

Watching the highlights of yesterday's game, you wouldn't know Hazard was playing. For the 42 or so minutes he was on the pitch, Oscar at least had a decent header on target. He was also getting into the box.

Jose is a fan of Oscar and has been singing his praises so I think I'll hold him for now. I think he's the least likely of all those players to be rotated much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement