Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 Transfers

• 30-11-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Forced transfer for me this week. Nastasic out. Either Gabbidon or Chester in. Need to free up funds to upgrade my midfield. Ideally I'd like to replace Nastasic with Mertesacker but I really have to bank some cash from the Nastasic sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Ramsey & Westwood to Walcott & Lewis for hit.

Or just Westwood out to get funds for Walcott for latter stages whitout hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ramsey & Westwood to Walcott & Lewis for hit.

Or just Westwood out to get funds for Walcott for latter stages whitout hit.

I'd wait to see how Wally does today before taking a hit

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd wait to see how Wally does today before taking a hit

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

G1032 wrote: »
    Forced transfer for me this week. Nastasic out. Either Gabbidon or Chester in. Need to free up funds to upgrade my midfield. Ideally I'd like to replace Nastasic with Mertesacker but I really have to bank some cash from the Nastasic sale.

Similar for me. Need to downgrade a defender to afford Aguero. Either Zabaleta or Lovern out for Gabbidon or Chester.

To ditch Zabaleta or Lovern?

Also, ditch Lukaku or Remy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Who could I bring in instead of nastastic, was thinking skrtel but not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

jamesbere wrote: »
    Who could I bring in instead of nastastic, was thinking skrtel but not sure.

Mertesacker

Thinking Sturridge & Giroud out

Suarez and eh...

Shane Long in...

Mad?

I think I really need to get Suarez in, have Aguero already.

Thinking Sturridge & Giroud out

Suarez and eh...

Shane Long in...

Mad?

I think I really need to get Suarez in, have Aguero already.

Yes. Suarez is essential. You've got to get him............

Who to get in for Nastasic? Chester or Gabbidon? Has to be a cheapie as I need the cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

From where I sit there are 3 absolute must haves to date, Aguero, Suarez and Ramsey. People who don't have all 3 need to start making a way to get all 3 in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'm going to try to bank the transfer this week, we'll see how it goes!
    Then i'm going to find a way to get Rooney in for Giroud, maybe swap Nasri with someone who's more assured of game time over Christmas. I'm thinking Sess at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Any word on when Silva is back fit again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Any word on when Silva is back fit again?

Maybe the Arsenal game on the 14th if not the game after?
    He's been pretty injury prone this season, i wouldn't rush to get him back in personally just in case he goes and gets injured again like last time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sessignon is my problem and only 6.8 so replace him. Already have Januzaj so Morrison not really an option

Done. Nastasic out Chester in. I'm almost certainly going to have to take a hit to get either Ramsey or Walcott in

To think in GW3 I had the choice of either Ramsey or Lallana when playing my wildcard. I chose the latter.

Actually if Flanagan starts tmrw i might risk him for Chico given Enrique's injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Given my good start today and good fixtures next week, it's sit tight and bank.

Which one should I sort out first?

A) Boruc & Westwood

B) Whittingham&Amafitano

Bank 1.5M

Which one should I sort out first?

A) Boruc & Westwood

B) Whittingham&Amafitano

Bank 1.5M

I'd keep Whittingham, a great option going all the way through September

Hazard and Ozil, i fear both will be rested for this GW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm going to try to bank the transfer this week, we'll see how it goes!
    Yeah me too. At least we've only 3 days to avoid the "Make Transfers" buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Not having Ramsey is really killing me.:( Will either do Sessegnon & Vertonghen to Ramsey and Terry or Sessegnon & Shawcross to Ramsey and a 4.9 or less defender, Lescott, Coloccini or Debuchy maybe.

I'm also considering Remy to Giroud for two gw cos there is no options for Amalfitano in price range 6.6M? Gunners might destroy Hull at home.

So Arsenal have Hull, Everton, City and Chelsea for their next 4

I might hold off and risk not getting Him in. My season is in tatters as it is so might just take a punt on Walcott instead and hope he eats into Rambo's returns.

What' s the bleedin' point in getting Him now?

I can afford to bring Ramsey in and paper a few other midfield cracks for -8. Certainly waiting until this time tomorrow and I need to figure out whether Coutinho or Gerrard is a better option in midfield too.

It might mean Williams gets a reprieve for another 2 gws now but Terry has to go to fund it.

I might hold off and risk not getting Him in. My season is in tatters as it is so might just take a punt on Walcott instead and hope he eats into Rambo's returns.

The voice of reason. Ignore what I said just above :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I was going to swap Ozil out for Walcott but there's no need to do that yet. Might swap out Ben "1 point" Turner or a Southampton defender but that's all I can think of doing before Tuesday.

He's still only 7.4 which is a fantastic price regardless of where he started from. Most of us thought that he couldn't keep it up. We were wrong, we were so wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

Is Chester and Aguero in for Dawson and Remy worth a 4 point hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Raf32 wrote: »
    thinking of doing this tonight before price rises should i?
    Ozil and ramsey out for walcott and coutinho
    Raf32 wrote: »
    Looks like I will be attending as its now done :pac: , cue him running riot next week :D
    :eek::eek:

I think I like you. A few of us on the FSA have a little social group, we usually meet up on a Friday night before he ruins our weekend, we'd be honoured to have you as one of us!!:pac:
    We've been meeting most Sunday's too crying into out whiskey glasses as we drown our sorrows, takes the edge off :pac:
    This sunday I'll bring the champagne we have had 2 good weeks in a row. I think he will get a rest in one of the next 2 games aswell. With flamini and walcott back in the frame now.
    roryc wrote: »
    The Club is currently closed to new members.

Damn straight.

Both season keepers for me.

• Advertisement

I was going to swap Ozil out for Walcott but there's no need to do that yet. Might swap out Ben "1 point" Turner or a Southampton defender but that's all I can think of doing before Tuesday.

He's still only 7.4 which is a fantastic price regardless of where he started from. Most of us thought that he couldn't keep it up. We were wrong, we were so wrong.

Oh I don't know. My head is fried. I'm 0.2 short of getting both Walcott and Ramsey so that's why I'm thinking of ignoring Ramsey yet again.

Sold Sess for Cabaye as he is in better form plus i save 0.2 to add to my 0.2 already.

This will leave me with Remy and Cabaye so Remy out for Lukaku on next weeks free is a possible, i do regret selling Lukaku but so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

Because a guy who's scored 8 goals and assisted 4 goals in 13 matches and is over 20 points ahead of the next highest scoring midfielder still only costs 7.4.

bo-sco wrote: »
    Because a guy who's scored 8 goals and assisted 4 goals in 13 matches and is over 20 points ahead of the next highest scoring midfielder still only costs 7.4.

Yep. That's a good reason.
    I was thinking this;

Sess, Lallana and Brady out for Walcott, Ramsey and some cheap midfielder. It'd be a 12 point hit?

Madness???

Edit. Yes madness.
    I could break it up into two 4 point hits: But who to bring in this week? Walcott or Ramsey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Yep. That's a good reason.
    I was thinking this;

Sess, Lallana and Brady out for Walcott, Ramsey and some cheap midfielder. It'd be a 12 point hit?

Madness???

Yes, you won't get much cheaper than Brady and he is a decent pick at the price. I'd suggest Sess and Lallana to Ramsey and A.N. other. Walcott is still not first choice at the moment as Wenger is easing him back in

zarquon wrote: »
    Yes, you won't get much cheaper than Brady and he is a decent pick at the price. I'd suggest Sess and Lallana to Ramsey and A.N. other. Walcott is still not first choice at the moment as Wenger is easing him back in

I just have this feeling that Ramsey will be rested midweek. Walcott might get an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thinking of finally getting rid of Giroud for Suárez. Assuming I can find the extra .9 needed from changes to my defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I just have this feeling that Ramsey will be rested midweek. Walcott might get an hour.

Ive the same feeling. On paper its the game for a bit of rotation. My head is fried with it aswell. I do think walcott will start the hull game but just thinking is walcott going to be a regular starter anymore? They have been on some run without him. Id love walcott in my team for this week but is it a waste of a transfer in the long run

Ive the same feeling. On paper its the game for a bit of rotation. My head is fried with it aswell. I do think walcott will start the hull game but just thinking is walcott going to be a regular starter anymore? They have been on some run without him. Id love walcott in my team for this week but is it a waste of a transfer in the long run

What bo-sco says is spot on. Pity I'm about a decade late in copping this:(. Ramsey is still only 7.4m and is the top scoring midfielder by a good margin in the game. I'm biting the bullet to bring him in (tomorrow probably) as I can't see downsides to it. Either he keeps playing and scoring, or is dropped/rested regularly, which is unlikely, or the points dry up/loses form/gets hurt. In the latter case, I'll be able to recoup most, if not all of my 7.4m. If I don't get him in, it seems that I'll be relying on this happening to not fall further behind.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet. Going to sleep on it though but 99% sure I'm going to bring him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Can afford either (next two games are away, WBA and Southampton) ugrading Nasri or Remy to either Theo or Giroud.
    City's away form has me thinking Nasri to Theo, already have Ramsey in the team.
    Didn't see today's game, Theo any good?

edit, just seen Theo came on for the final few mins!
    Hull's away form is pish poor, leaning towards taking a punt on Theo.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Can afford either (next two games are away, WBA and Southampton) ugrading Nasri or Remy to either Theo or Giroud.
    City's away form has me thinking Nasri to Theo, already have Ramsey in the team.
    Didn't see today's game, Theo any good?

Theo came on 88 mins or so only. I think he'll probably start midweek but at whose expense I dunno, maybe Wilshere, Giroud, Cazorla, who knows. I wouldn't consider Remy to Giroud an upgrade though, imo Giroud is muck and Arsenal have a few more potent players, wouldn't put you off Walcott at all, and Arsenal's fixtures, although tough in December, seem quite good in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think i'll jump on the Oviedo bandwagon and hope he nails down that left back spot until Baines get back. Amalfitano out, would save me £0.8m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Think i'll jump on the Oviedo bandwagon and hope he nails down that left back spot until Baines get back. Amalfitano out, would save me £0.8m.

He's down as a midf in the game though and plays as a defender, so avoid like the plague tbh.

Got rid of Nastasic myself before he dropped in price and brought in Ashley Williams. Swansea have a nice set of fixtures coming up.

Today is the day then. Dec 1st 2013. The day I'm finally going to crack and bring Ramsey into my team. But not right this minute. Later on. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I reckon I'll do Oscar to Hazard depending on how the game goes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Remy and Brady to Rooney and Redmond or Mutch for a 4 point hit I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Probably going to do Ozil and Remy out, Rooney and Ramsey in.

It is either wait till Jan WC to get Rooney or sell Ozil to g et him now for 2 transfers, not sure i really wanna do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I got Walcott in for Ozil there, and if he comes good over the course of the season it will be worth it. I also had Giroud and switched to Rooney, with the form he's in, it's hard to look away.

I'm now wondering if, considering the upcoming fixtures of both players, Gerrard is a better buy tonight than Ramsey? Anyone any thoughts?

Edit: I have exactly enough to bring in both Gerrard and Ramsey tonight at an 8 point hit. Has to be done tonight cos won't be able to afford it once Gerrard goes up tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement