Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thinking about cashing in on Mignolet. I think having £5.7m tied up in him is a waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Shelvey or Nathan Dyer lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thinking about cashing in on Mignolet. I think having £5.7m tied up in him is a waste
    Thinking the same myself

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Raf32 wrote: »

Which to sell first right? Sell Dyer first, although Jonjo could pick up anything from a red to an og so it's risky business keeping him another week :pac:

Why either? Neither gonna play 90mns much, Swansea suffereing with 2 main men out injured. Better options out there.

Its to replace AJ and only have 0.4 in the bank so wasnt sure who to go with.

Its to replace AJ and only have 0.4 in the bank so wasnt sure who to go with.

Ravel, Whittingham or Redmond would be 3 of my suggestions

Ravel, Whittingham or Redmond would be 3 of my suggestions

have ravel but was thinking whittingham, he takes most the set pieces doesnt he?

have ravel but was thinking whittingham, he takes most the set pieces doesnt he?

Yeah he does and Cardiff have a nice run over December, I'm looking at him myself in a few GWs time when a few other issues are sorted.

• Advertisement

Yeah he does and Cardiff have a nice run over December, I'm looking at him myself in a few GWs time when a few other issues are sorted.

yes your right, think ill get him in for next weekend for the Palace game and not take a points hit, just need starters on my bench for the xmas run, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Few changes must be made in the coming weeks..

Nastasic
    I feel like I need to get rid of Nastasic. Temporarily or for good I am not sure. Koscielny seems like the ideal replacement. Saves me 0.1 as well.

Januzaj
    Januzaj needs to go tonight as I will lose 0.1 profit off him if I leave it any longer. I don't see any logical replacements apart from Brady. I don't feel comfortable with Brady though as he's doing feck all at the moment. Barkley is in the same boat. Maybe Ward-Prowse? Cheapie and nailed down his spot it seems. One to keep an eye on would be Shelvey. A goal and an assist in the last games despite only playing 52 minutes total..

Mignolet
    Mignolet has really cursed me this season. Had Jaaskelainen before my wildcard at the start of the season. Jussi has gone and kept 7 clean sheets.Mig has gotten me 1. More than likely going to do a straight swap. Although I am tempted to bring in a second keeper as well in Speroni. Every time West Ham are up against one of the big teams, Crystal Palace have a mid table team. Something to mull over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I 've gotten rid of Nasri for Theo for next game. Nasri scored. I'm left wondering what have I done. :(

Boruc went off injured today

Boruc went off injured today

damn, made my transfers, did it look bad? going to have to take a hit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    I 've gotten rid of Nasri for Theo for next game. Nasri scored. I'm left wondering what have I done. :(

and he gets a second...balls! (yay for this gameweek though!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Where's the source on Ramsey being rested midweek?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Panthro wrote: »
    Why did you do this before todays games were over? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i took your tip and replaced AJ with whittingham myself.
    Had always planned on bringing brady back but it doesn't seem like he's fully over that injury (or maybe i just got that into my head from something the commentator said today), in any case, i want to try make sure i have guaranteed starters in my team for the next few gameweeks and as you said cardiff have nice fixtures, Hull only have 1 or 2 nice fixtures in next 6 or so.

If Brady finds form in next couple of games i can always look at him for ravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Surely Rams wont be rested on Wednesday. Get a 2-3 nil lead sub him at half time,..Heres hoping.
    Took a 4pt hit last game week so trying not do go there again.

Any ideas

Mignolet
    Ivanovic Coleman Fonte
    Mirallas Hazzard Ramsey Morrison
    Lukaku Agüero Remy

Subs
    McGregor McAuley Whittaker Townsend(Spurs)

Any ideas ?? Augero to Rooney or Remy to Lambert ? Both?? Will Lambert start midweek ?? Maybe Coutinho for Mirallas ? Did he start today?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Who is everyone getting in for Sturridge?
    I already have Giroud and Aguero.

Lukaku - Tough fixtures
    Remy - Looks like a good option
    Negredo - Double up on City strikers? Plus i already have 3 city players so thats not going to work
    Lambert - Hasn't scored in a while
    Benteke - Hasn't scored in yonks, but has favourable festive fixtures.

If they were all in form I would go for Benteke. Unfortunately, thats not true, so it looks like Remy

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Thinking the same myself

Waiting until the WC in Jan

I'm hoping Lukaku tears United apart like last season.

IanOBo wrote: »
    Who is everyone getting in for Sturridge?
    I already have Giroud and Aguero.

Lukaku - Tough fixtures
    Remy - Looks like a good option
    Negredo - Double up on City strikers? Plus i already have 3 city players so thats not going to work
    Lambert - Hasn't scored in a while
    Benteke - Hasn't scored in yonks, but has favourable festive fixtures.

If they were all in form I would go for Benteke. Unfortunately, thats not true, so it looks like Remy

Thoughts?

I would take a chance on Lukaku. Everton are away to United and Arsenal next game weeks and are also playing very well. He's bang in form too. Proven goalscorer also again top teams. I'd go with him in the long run. Everton have a great run after these two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How did Hazard play today lads? I have 0.6 mil in the bank and get 8.9 for Oscar so just about have enough to get him in.

BBC live text says he was fairly anonymous though. In the games I have seen he has grabbed points but hasn't played particularly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Will I ever bank a tranfer? Can't see it happening this week what with Boruc and Oscar taking knocks.
    Whoever i move will be to make money for a Giroud - Rooney transfer.

Anyone catch the chelsea game earlier? Was Lampard playing in a good position when he came on?

Hazzard was as useful as a fart in space today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

AJ, Nastastic and Mingolet out for Cabaye, Sagna and Speroni. Might get Townsend out for Brunt next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I just can't manage to convince myself that over the season Rooney will be worth the extra 3 million investment over Lukaku. Have Remy right now but think I will get Lukaku back in after his next two games.

Is Coutinho an option for the next two game weeks. 2 Liverpool home games ?? Did he play today? Sub ? Start ? Liverpool fans what do you think>???

Coutinho didn't train all week but came on today as a late sub. No idea if he will start on Wednesday, although I f**king hope he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

According to some reports on twitter, Coutinho took pain killing injections to play today. I don't know if he's actually fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

Not sure what I will do this week.

Have two transfers but now injuries to Oscar and Boruc have complicated things.
    I wanted to try and get rid of Januzaj before he dropped but will probably take the 0.1 hit while I wait for more information on the other two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Considering how $hite Liverpool were today and with Sturridge out, I'm sure everything possible will be done to ensure Coutinho plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Considering how $hite Liverpool were today and with Sturridge out, I'm sure everything possible will be done to ensure Coutinho plays

How did Gerrard play? He's due to rise tonight.

I can't see him playing 3 games in a week though.

I would hope so. Suarez is the obvious captain choice next GW so I'm hoping they run riot at Norwich. Today's result will spur them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »

Liverpool don't have much option but to play Gerrard, he looks the safest way into the midfield.
    They will need a win after today so i expect both to play.

Scored a cracking free but largely anonymous after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Speaking as a pool fan; Unforunately, I can see him playing 3 games in a week :(
    I hope he doesn't but i do reckon he'll feature every game.

roryc wrote: »
    I would hope so. Suarez is the obvious captain choice next GW so I'm hoping they run riot at Norwich. Today's result will spur them on.

Ya he really is, hat tricks in both of the last 2 seasons v Norwich, plus he's at absolute zero risk of rotation

• Advertisement

Any update on Boruc?

Ya he really is, hat tricks in both of the last 2 seasons v Norwich, plus he's at absolute zero risk of rotation

It would nothing short of a miracle if he fails to deliver twice in the same week.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Is it worth doing Ozil and Remy out for Ramsey and Rooney?
    I still think Ozil will outscore Ramsey long term, but could do with getting Rooney in, already have Aguero and Suarez.
    Thinking also about Oscar out for Nasri.

Taking another 4point hit to bring him in.. Wont lose any more ground if he does run riot. Worth the swap with Kun

Any update on Boruc?
    Looked like a dislocated finger. They probably popped it back in straight away - I'd say he'll be back in training in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Going to do Oscar-> Walcott or Boruc -> ??? all depends on latter one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Need to move Giroud on for long term. Would like to hold him for Hull game but have a feeling he will be rested. Would have expected Walcott to start but he only got a couple of minutes yesterday so not sure now.

Has there been any update on Oscar?

El festino wrote: »
    Need to move Giroud on for long term. Would like to hold him for Hull game but have a feeling he will be rested. Would have expected Walcott to start but he only got a couple of minutes yesterday so not sure now.

Has there been any update on Oscar?

Rest Giroud? More chance of me riding Rihanna tonight than that happening.

Any update on Oscar? The crazy notion of Mata has leaped into my head :pac:

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looked like a dislocated finger. They probably popped it back in straight away - I'd say he'll be back in training in the morning.

Grand, operation 'get rid of Mignolet' can go ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Januzaj out, Morrison in. Done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement