Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 14 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Any word on when Oscar is expected to be back?

Not a serious injury afaik, they are probably being cautious now. Given the amount of games someone had to be rested anyway.
    I sold him straight away which was (surprisingly) good decision. Hope Nasri delivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

With an eye in Chelsea's fixtures thinking if bringing in Terry rather than one of their midfielders?
    Have exactly enough to upgrade Dawson .
    Other defenders are toure (soon to be Chester or turner) Gabbidon Coleman and Fonte.
    Other option in thinking is keep Dawson and switch toure to Evans after Saturdays games?
    Please help :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

wonski wrote: »
    Not a serious injury afaik, they are probably being cautious now. Given the amount of games someone had to be rested anyway.
    I sold him straight away which was (surprisingly) good decision. Hope Nasri delivers.

It was a smart decision, I did the same but brought in Gerrard instead, with the options they have in midfield it would have been madness to risk him in a game so soon after coming off... even if he passed the tests in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

km79 wrote: »
    With an eye in Chelsea's fixtures thinking if bringing in Terry rather than one of their midfielders?
    Have exactly enough to upgrade Dawson .
    Other defenders are toure (soon to be Chester or turner) Gabbidon Coleman and Fonte.
    Other option in thinking is keep Dawson and switch toure to Evans after Saturdays games?
    Please help :(

I brought in Cahill :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think I'm going to go Oscar to Gerrard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 El Canelo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think I'm going to go Oscar to Gerrard.

Was just gonna ask Oscar for? Gerrard, Walcott, Coutinho A.N. Other. Can afford any midfielder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

El Canelo wrote: »
    Was just gonna ask Oscar for? Gerrard, Walcott, Coutinho A.N. Other. Can afford any midfielder.

Walcott could benefit from rotation and get a start but not 100%
    Coutinho is fine for tomorrow night, but again, not 100% to start

Hazard is a good bet. Can't see him rotating him when Oscar is out.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Walcott could benefit from rotation and get a start but not 100%
    Coutinho is fine for tomorrow night, but again, not 100% to start

Hazard is a good bet. Can't see him rotating him when Oscar is out.

Gerrard is the safest bet of all with the hectic schedule ahead.
    Think he'll play a lot more advanced too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 El Canelo

Would love Walcott but as you pointed out not 100% to start and Arsenal have lots of options in midfield. Is Yaya worth holding onto in people's opinions? Have Kun up top.

hmmmgshpgh
    Thinking on

Oscar -> Gerrard
    Arnautovic -> Lampard (Ramsey?)

tough week for swaps!
    Arnie, Oscar, Boruc - red
    Cabeye, Ivanovic, Rooney, Morrisson on 4 YCs too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Would be mad to go Oscaar to Kagawa?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

El Canelo wrote: »
    If your just looking at this gameweek I'd say Walcott is the best option. For security of starts for the month of December Gerrard.
    I wouldn't consider gerrard as he plays too deep(although set pieces are a huge help) but it seems to be the year of the central midfielder gerrard, yaya and ramsey all tearing it up. It defies logic really, if you think of last year all the advanced midfielders/ wingers were the big guns mata, hazard, Walcott, michu, fellani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Oscar's gonna be straight back in a the weekend IMO, and will be there for most (if not all) of Christmas. Defo staying in my team.

Yaya is the most consistent FF midfielder over the past 3 years. I he'll be in the top 3 midfielders by the end of the season.

Gerrard keeps defying the logic aswell, could be one to take advantage of Sturidge's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Oscar's gonna be straight back in a the weekend IMO, and will be there for most (if not all) of Christmas. Defo staying in my team.

Yaya is the most consistent FF midfielder over the past 3 years. I he'll be in the top 3 midfielders by the end of the season.

Gerrard keeps defying the logic aswell, could be one to take advantage of Sturidge's injury.
    Ive never had yaya and never really felt the need to he has never scored more than 150 pts or more than 6 goals in a season. He should top that this year quite easily but in times gone by there has always been better options than yaya.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Just took my first point hit of the season to go:

Sturridge>Suarez
    Townsend>Ward-Prowse
    Ridgewell>Ryan Bennett

Putting a lot of eggs in the Suarez basket. Straight in as captain tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

This might be really obvious but Im new to this. How can you tell how much you played for a player if your looking to resell him. I bought ozil a while back but cant remember how much I paid. Looking to sell him but wanna see the profit or loss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ive never had yaya and never really felt the need to he has never scored more than 150 pts or more than 6 goals in a season. He should top that this year quite easily but in times gone by there has always been better options than yaya.

There's always been players on better streaks (Bale and Mata last year, Ramsey this year etc), but year on year Yaya is constantly up there.

2010/11 - 6 goals, 6 assists, 146 points
    2011/12 - 6 goals, 9 assists, 139 points
    2012/13 - 6 goals, 6 assists, 142 points
    This year (to date)…….. 5 goals, 3 assists, 77 points

This might be really obvious but Im new to this. How can you tell how much you played for a player if your looking to resell him. I bought ozil a while back but cant remember how much I paid. Looking to sell him but wanna see the profit or loss?

It's not as easy as it should be to be fair.
    They site (afaik) doesn't give you this info.
    Only the date you purchased, it also gives you a players value for each gameweek but there could have been rises/falls within that GW.

What price is it saying you will get for him if you sell?
    If it's 10.1, then you bought him at 10.0
    If it's 10.2 then you bought him at 10.1
    If it's at 10.3, then you bought him at 10.3 or more.

What GW did you get him in at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Transfers then Data View instead of Pitch view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PARlance wrote: »
    It's not as easy as it should be to be fair.
    They site (afaik) doesn't give you this info.
    Only the date you purchased, it also gives you a players value for each gameweek but there could have been rises/falls within that GW.

What price is it saying you will get for him if you sell?
    If it's 10.1, then you bought him at 10.0
    If it's 10.2 then you bought him at 10.1
    If it's at 10.3, then you bought him at 10.3 or more.

What GW did you get him in at?

Just click on data view on the transfers page it tells you how much you paid for them.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Transfers then Data View instead of Pitch view

Ahh FFS, that would have saved me a lot of time, cheers.

While we're on my lack of knowledge of the site, maybe you could help, is there somewhere on it that shows the captain % for each week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ahh FFS, that would have saved me a lot of time, cheers.

While we're on my lack of knowledge of the site, maybe you could help, is there somewhere on it that shows the captain % for each week?

Not as far as i know but the FF Scout poll is about as accurate as you can get i'd imagine as they are all active votes.
    Assuming all or 90% of those active have Ramsey that leaves alot of inactive players out of 3 odd million so thats why i use the Scout poll

dahat wrote: »
    Not as far as i know but the FF Scout poll is about as accurate as you can get i'd imagine as they are all active votes.
    Assuming all or 90% of those active have Ramsey that leaves alot of inactive players out of 3 odd million so thats why i use the Scout poll

90% is being a bit conservative :o
    We are the 1%

Yip, I was looking for it as I was trying to find some way of figuring out RVP captainage from inactives a while back out of curiosity.

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Would be mad to go Oscaar to Kagawa?

Major differential anyway to say the least :pac:

Anyone with a Chelsea defender, or looking to bring one in..
    'I hope sooner or later I have David [Luiz] so I can rotate a little back at the back, like I can in other positions.'
    'I think Ashley Cole will start one of these two matches, against Sunderland or Stoke. When any player that, all his career, normally starts every game doesn't, naturally they are not the happiest guy in the camp, but Ashley is always professional, always a team player, so he deserves to play.'

I brought in Cahill this week.... May live to regret that

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Need some advice about transfers.
    Oscar and Boruc both out, I've 1.2 in the bank, but ideally that was for Remy and Ozil out for Ramsey and Rooney next weekend.
    Team atm is:
    Vorm (Boruc)
    Coleman Vlaar Mertesacker Rosenior Clyne
    Oscar Ozil Cabaye Januzaj Amalfitano
    Suarez Remy Aguero

So what's the best way forward for this? Oscar - Gerrard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Danger781 wrote: »
    Anyone with a Chelsea defender, or looking to bring one in..

I brought in Cahill this week.... May live to regret that

I still think that Luiz will win that place back on a more permanent basis, he'll have chances to impress and he's so much better than Cahill despite his occasional screw-ups.

You seem to make a hell of a lot of transfers.

I still think that Luiz will win that place back on a more permanent basis, he'll have chances to impress and he's so much better than Cahill despite his occasional screw-ups.

You seem to make a hell of a lot of transfers.

I don't. I just talk a lot of crap mostly. :pac:

I've made 20 transfers this season :eek:

I don't. I just talk a lot of crap mostly. :pac:

I've made 20 transfers this season :eek:

Including your wildcard?

20 transfers not including your WC is probably less than me... :o
    I'd love to check, but I can't trust myself to log on until later when the WHam team is announced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

BNMC wrote: »
    Madness.

Liverpool have two home games to Norwich and West Ham coming up.
    Man City are away twice.

Reckon it's worth a punt - gotta shake things up a bit.

Including your wildcard?

20 transfers not including your WC is probably less than me... :o
    I'd love to check, but I can't trust myself to log on until later when the WHam team is announced.

Not including my wildcard.. :o

GW2 x 2
    GW3 x 1
    GW4 x Wildcard
    GW5 x 1
    GW6 x 2
    GW7 x 2
    GW8 x 1
    GW10 x 2
    GW11 x 0
    GW12 x 4
    GW13 x 3
    GW14 x 2

Them 4 transfers in GW12.. don't recall doing that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Shedite27 wrote: »
    There's always been players on better streaks (Bale and Mata last year, Ramsey this year etc), but year on year Yaya is constantly up there.

2010/11 - 6 goals, 6 assists, 146 points
    2011/12 - 6 goals, 9 assists, 139 points
    2012/13 - 6 goals, 6 assists, 142 points
    This year (to date)…….. 5 goals, 3 assists, 77 points

I blame the African Cup of Nations for YesYes not breaking the 150pts barrier over the last two seasons - always comes back jaded.... This year is his year!!!.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

took a chance on Kompany.

I would love it to come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm cursing my luck with injuries. Sturridge, Boruc and now Oscar due to miss out. Will need to do a points hit this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Done. Sess out and Walcott in. Needed Arsenal cover cos I sold Ozil last week. Ramsey can wait until the next 4 games are over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

G1032 wrote: »
    Done. Sess out and Walcott in. Needed Arsenal cover cos I sold Ozil last week. Ramsey can wait until the next 4 games are over.

Proud of ya kid. Like myself you were very close to cracking on Saturday/Sunday. What happens now if Ramsey scores only 15 or 16 points over the next four gameweeks, odds on we'll be talking ourselves out of it again until the next catastrophe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Proud of ya kid. Like myself you were very close to cracking on Saturday/Sunday. What happens now if Ramsey scores only 15 or 16 points over the next four gameweeks, odds on we'll be talking ourselves out of it again until the next catastrophe.

It'll be a long long night tomorrow if he starts!!

G1032 wrote: »
    It'll be a long long night tomorrow if he starts!!
    Well done lads.

And if he doesn't start, there shall be no mention of him until the full 90 mins are up!

An offical Anti Ramsey Brigade Memo will be circulated tomorrow on this matter but I'm just giving ye the heads up!

In other news, we hope to be setting up some affiliations with similar organisations abroad.
    Our Hungarian friends seem to be taking it to a whole new level, very detailed stuff altogether.

000.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hazard in for Oscar. Wanted to bank my transfer but I'm a great believer in the idea of attacking cover and I don't want Chelsea playing Sunderland and Stoke without me having at least one of their attackers.

He may be rested but I have Zab on the bench anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hazard in for Oscar. Wanted to bank my transfer but I'm a great believer in the idea of attacking cover and I don't want Chelsea playing Sunderland and Stoke without me having at least one of their attackers.

He may be rested but I have Zab on the bench anyway.

Same boat as you. Need to replace Oscar and have no Chelsea cover but still floating between Hazard, Walcott or Gerrard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Ok so I just had a moment of anger at myself for not getting Ramsey before this and took a 4 point hit to get in Ramsey, Suarez and Ward-Prowse for Hazard, Giroud and Barkley... (I wanted to keep Hazard but it was him or Ozil to get money for Suarez and I've a feeling Ozil could clean up tomorrow)

Now that I have it done it seems like a wonderful decision; Suarez hat-trick has to be on the cards again at Norwich? Ramsey at home to Hull and Ward-Prowse as cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

El festino wrote: »
    Same boat as you. Need to replace Oscar and have no Chelsea cover but still floating between Hazard, Walcott or Gerrard.

I've gone for Gerrard. At home to Norwich - he's bound to pick up assists if not goals.

Padkir wrote: »
    Ok so I just had a moment of anger at myself for not getting Ramsey before this and took a 4 point hit to get in Ramsey, Suarez and Ward-Prowse for Hazard, Giroud and Barkley... (I wanted to keep Hazard but it was him or Ozil to get money for Suarez and I've a feeling Ozil could clean up tomorrow)

Now that I have it done it seems like a wonderful decision; Suarez hat-trick has to be on the cards again at Norwich? Ramsey at home to Hull and Ward-Prowse as cover.

Barkley to Ward-Prowse seems a bit silly unless it was done to free up the cash :)

But yes I feel like it was the right move overall.. Hazard has his great spells, but Ramsey seems relatively constant at being a tank..

Giroud is useless.. You'll be glad to see the back of him ;)

I've gambled. (please Ramsey, no more!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Barkley to Ward-Prowse seems a bit silly unless it was done to free up the cash :)

But yes I feel like it was the right move overall.. Hazard has his great spells, but Ramsey seems relatively constant at being a tank..

Giroud is useless.. You'll be glad to see the back of him ;)

I was relatively happy with Giroud to be honest; a good few 2 pointers but he did score heavy at times and it evened out to be good I think! Just not worth 9.2 when others are scoring so well.

Barkley transfer was to free up cash alright; but I would have got rid of him for someone else anyway as he's been pissing me off lately with his 1 pointers... I know he's a cheap midfielder and I shouldn't expect that much but it's so frustrating because he's pretty good to watch and you always feel like he deserves a shot because he's liable to pick off a goal or something. Hasn't happened for a long time though...

Ravel Morrison all the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Need a goalkeeper for Boruc.
    Anyone considering Speroni? Or would McGregor be the better option? Myhill?

Need a goalkeeper for Boruc.
    Anyone considering Speroni? Or would McGregor be the better option? Myhill?

Speroni could worth a gamble. New manager, you'd never know.

I don't rate Myhill, or West Brom, highly enough to consider bringing them in to my team. Maybe I'm mad I don't know. :rolleyes:

McGregor is fairly solid. Only conceded 11 goals this season. That's on par Cech, Hart, and Szczesny!
    Only 2 of those were at home. Fairly impressive stat in my opinion! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Fonte and Vlaar vs each other - Could be 0-0 and work out in your favour but don't see that happening

Coleman against United at OT - Little chance of a CS

• Advertisement
Advertisement