Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vrt tallaght no log book

• 30-11-2013 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi I just bought a jeep that was vrt in tallaght in 2008 but the log book was never sent out and the guy that owed it never put jeep back on road as he bought a other one because he could make no head way with them I have contacted them (vrt south Dublin ) and it's a call back service but no one has call me back in 9 days I ring everyday and leave message but no joy all I want is the book anyone have any ideals what to try next thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I thought the log book/registration certificate is only issued after it's taxed after being VRTd.

I'd ring Shannon and enquire using the registration number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Gene Hunt

I thought the log book/registration certificate is only issued after it's taxed after being VRTd.
    The previous owner or whoever vrt'd the jeep is the problem, as quoted above ,they don't post out a VLC for a commercial once it's vrt'd well back then they didn't not sure about now in 2013.
    When you vrt'd a commercial they would give you a receipt and a piece of paper with the vehicle details reg, chassis no. etc. you would then present the vehicle for it's commercial test along with that piece of paper.
    Once the vehicle has passed the test and you have the cert you then went to your local council office with the test cert, they issued a new one ,you taxed the vehicle and they then comfirmed with Shannon that you tested & taxed the vehicle and Shannon in turn would post you out a VLC for that vehicle.
    Contact the previous owner and ask for the paperwork he was given when he vrt'd the jeep, take that and go test & tax the jeep then you will be sent out a VLC from Shannon, without that paperwork you have a vehicle that's useless really......I would be asking why the person you bought it off hasn't done all this??
    If he has lost this paperwork then you'd need to contact Shannon or customs for new paperwork one would think?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 fliper

I have similar problem. I have a tractor that I bought over 20 years ago. I did not receive the tax book as the garage went out of business around the same time. It was not a great problem at the time as it was always in the farmyard or on the farm. It always had a Kildare reg (XIO ***) which I always insured it under.
    After filling up all the necessary documentation and sending them off to the local co council to chase up the new tax book, I have been told there is no record of it. Also I have been told to take it for NCT to get it cleared as if it was an import which it is not. To the best of my knowledge the no. plate was the original. I would like to keep it on its original plate as opposed to a ZV.
    Does anyone else have experience of this?

Advertisement