If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp recommendations - living room

Options
  • 30-11-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to invest in my first sound system at home.  From the little I know, I've picked an amp and a set of speakers for starters.  I'd be interested to know what you might recommend.

The room is fairly large, about 60sqm.  Stereo will mainly be used for music, some movies.

Initially I'd like to get a great pair of speakers and a good amp.  The speakers I was thinking of getting are Bose 201s and the Onkyo A9030 almost has the tech specs to meet them -  the guidelines for those speakers are 4-8Ohm/ch and 0-80W and the A9030 puts out 65W.

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah011409

For convenience, I really like the bluetooth gadget that comes with the A9030 in that deal.

I'll likely have a few inputs to the amp (pc/bluetooth/sat box) and it'll need to have a remote control (presume that's standard on home systems), but other than that I'm looking for the best amp I can get for around e200.

What might you recommend please? I'm in no particular rush to get it, so happy to wait for a special offer.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

edanto wrote: »
    I'm looking to invest in my first sound system at home.  From the little I know, I've picked an amp and a set of speakers for starters.  I'd be interested to know what you might recommend.

The room is fairly large, about 60sqm.  Stereo will mainly be used for music, some movies.

Initially I'd like to get a great pair of speakers and a good amp.  The speakers I was thinking of getting are Bose 201s and the Onkyo A9030 almost has the tech specs to meet them -  the guidelines for those speakers are 4-8Ohm/ch and 0-80W and the A9030 puts out 65W.

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah011409

For convenience, I really like the bluetooth gadget that comes with the A9030 in that deal.

I'll likely have a few inputs to the amp (pc/bluetooth/sat box) and it'll need to have a remote control (presume that's standard on home systems), but other than that I'm looking for the best amp I can get for around e200.

What might you recommend please? I'm in no particular rush to get it, so happy to wait for a special offer.
    Hi Edanto,

The Onkyo is a very good amp but might not tick all the boxes for the connectivity you like.  It only offers standard RCA inputs, no optical etc.  If your sources have RCA outputs then it should work ok.  Worth just checking this out to be sure.

What might suit you better is an AV receiver.  The likes of the Yamaha RXV375 would be great, it has HDMI inputs, optical etc and sounds great for just stereo playback too.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv375/yama-rxv375-blk

For a nice pair of speakers check out the RX2s.  We're clearing these at £499.95 at the moment which is a monster deal!  There isn't much of these left so may not stick around too long.  Check the link below and let me know what you think.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/silver-rx/rx2/

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.