Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get a flock number.

Options
  • 30-11-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

hi guys. just wondering what the requirements are for getting a new flock number for sheep. ie land requirements, shed requirements and land, just before i go to my local dep office with no clue of any requirement. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

deckycoop wrote: »
    hi guys. just wondering what the requirements are for getting a new flock number for sheep. ie land requirements, shed requirements and land, just before i go to my local dep office with no clue of any requirement. :rolleyes:

I just had to show a fenced field and a pen in the corner. Your application needs OSI maps with your land outlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

does the field need to be owned or can it be rented. if so what is the min time frame for renting this land.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

It can be rented I think you have to have a five year lease on a minimum of 5 acres signed by the land owner. Thats what I got done anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

3 year lease or more is needed, info from local dvo

Advertisement