Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messy car insurance companies !!

Options
  • 30-11-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys looking for a bit of advice.. I have a 09 focus rs which i brought in from NI, last friday week I rang around a few insurance companies and got pretty high premiums which I was expecting due to the fact I'm 22. I then got a quote that was sub 1000 euro from a particular company (not broker), obviously enough I jumped on that seeing as it was by far and away the cheapest! The only thing I had made very clear was that for the previous 5 years I've been on an open driver policy which I was assured was all ok and still got the same quote.
    I then got a call yesterday (friday) saying they made a mistake and that I was going to be charged nearly double the premium because they "don't recognise" open driver as previous experience. This only came to light after they received all the policy paperwork which they had pre-signed back from me with my signatures... The direct debit was in place and all other paperwork was in order.. What if any rights have I got in this case?? I know people are going to say get a normal car but this is a second car in which is very rarely driven and I was expecting to pay a high premium but when a saving of over €1000 euro is on the line I'd rather not roll over and just say ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Duplicate thread in Motors forum, therefore closing this thread. OP - please do not create duplicate threads on the same topic.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement