Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline speed

Options
  • 30-11-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi there, 
                  I have been told before by Eircom that my landline speed can only handle up to 8mb and I have no problem getting up to 7mb normally.
    My question is that if I sign up for E-Fibre and am told that I will get faster speeds then does that  line which was only getting up to 8mb have to be changed or is this the same line to be used.
    The problem is that the line is not accessible and a new line would have to be done and would this be included in the package.
    If I sign up for 70mb then I would expect close to that at least and if this does not happen can I cancel my contract and revert back to what I have already

Hugh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

hughowen wrote: »
    Hi there, 
                  I have been told before by Eircom that my landline speed can only handle up to 8mb and I have no problem getting up to 7mb normally.
    My question is that if I sign up for E-Fibre and am told that I will get faster speeds then does that  line which was only getting up to 8mb have to be changed or is this the same line to be used.
    The problem is that the line is not accessible and a new line would have to be done and would this be included in the package.
    If I sign up for 70mb then I would expect close to that at least and if this does not happen can I cancel my contract and revert back to what I have already

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

You will not require a new line into the house for you to avail of the eFibre service.

I'm afraid we can't guarantee any speeds on the eFibre packages either, this is due to distance from the exchange etc. Not all customers can avail of the up to 70mb service.
    If you would like to PM me your account details, I can check this for you? However if the Fibre service has not been enabled at your exchange/address I'm afraid I can't test for the service.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement