Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14 ps4... slightly dissapointed

Options
  • 30-11-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Played last night for the night. While it is a great game. By no means it feels next gen. Just a shiney wrapper compared to ps3 version.

Only things I can see is slightly sharper graphics and a better crowd. Oh I can see the grass also and creases in jerseys.

EA would want to get the finger out and truely make a next gen Fifa 15 or I won't be buying in future.

Ignite engine my arse.

Any thoughts and any thoughts how they could improve?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its a game where you play football, what were expecting exactly? A zombie survival mode or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its a game where you play football, what were expecting exactly? A zombie survival mode or something?

A better game than their already useless version on ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nonsense post.

Everything he said is valid. Its a much prettier version of the ps3 game but the gameplay is basically the same and all of the same flaws are there

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Rida

Sorry mate fps don't do anything for me. So if you knew anything about football or football sims you would understand why I'm disappointed with Fifa 14

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rida wrote: »
    So if you knew anything about football or football sims you would understand why I'm disappointed with Fifa 14

"If you knew anything, you'd understand". Nice attitude. Of course anyone who doesn't agree with you is clueless. Not sure why people seem to try to justify their arguments with that type of absolute bollocks.

The reaction to FIFA has been quite good actually. Read back through the PS4 megathread, or take a look at the next gen FIFA thread on the Pro Evo & FIFA forum.

I much prefer it to the current gen version. The collisions and animations with Ignite, are far ahead of anything they'd done on current gen. The graphics are smoother, and the crowd and stadiums look excellent. There have ample gameplay videos popping up on YouTube over the last while. Those were the points they were selling the game on. That was the marketing strategy. They didn't sell it as revolutionary, but an evolution of an already success and good quality game.

Not sure what you were expecting, or why you bought it, if you didn't like the main selling points of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, because I'm the only one on the internet who feels this way, but I think it's a huge improvement.

The visuals could be better, but just being 1080p allows you to tell who is who on the pitch just by looking at them. If I can tell that that's Torres out on the wing, that makes a difference if than if it's Mata, for instance.

All of the animations seem crisper to me, I haven't noticed any physics errors, the ball feels more solid and spin seems more realistic, and everything is buttery smooth. The crowd being fully 3d adds a huge amount to the overall sense of immersion, and player's faces have been significantly improved (though facial animation sadly hasn't).

I only bought it as my brother insisted, despite him owning the PS3 version (which is where my comparison comes from). Got to say, this is my favourite football game since Fifa 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It definitely feels slightly different. And thats just about what you can expect from a cross gen launch title. Fifa 15 is when to expect some innovation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

miralize wrote: »
    It definitely feels slightly different. And thats just about what you can expect from a cross gen launch title. Fifa 15 is when to expect some innovation

I really like it, mind you its my first footy game since PES 6, lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Glad to hear I am not alone. I posted a similar question yesterday.

To me it feels that since 2010 there hasnt been much change, just small things that will most likely go unnoticed. It feels the new fifas are more of a season players upgrade than a new game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

It's extremely underwhelming from a graphical point of view. How hard is to program the players to react in an even semi-realistic way when off the ball? Every player moves in exactly the same way. The same speed, gait, arm movements etc. Surely the processing power of new consoles should allow for the alternating and randomization of AI movements.

• Advertisement

happytramp wrote: »
    It's extremely underwhelming from a graphical point of view. How hard is to program the players to react in an even semi-realistic way when off the ball? Every player moves in exactly the same way. The same speed, gait, arm movements etc. Surely the processing power of new consoles should allow for the alternating and randomization of AI movements.

What you're describing is gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Agree. I think it is a very poor offering.
    - robotic movement of players, especially in the cut scenes.
    - Players limbs clipping and going through other players
    - Crap looking creases on the jerseys
    - no f**king tournament mode I mean come on
    - Zero innovation or change of gameplay from the previous 5 releases.

It is just terrible imo. 2K games need to develop a football game and show ea how it is done.

Fifa 14 ps4 for sale, €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rioner

I think I always get this feeling when playing any new edition but it seems a little sluggish to me at the moment. I've only played about ten games so far, so there's time yet for me to get used to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

- no f**king tournament mode

Really? in what game mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It was never gonna beat sensible soccer.

http://youtu.be/kL2T4Yn2Tq8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

I was not majorly impressed about Fifa at first either, but it has grown on me, like it does every year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pottdry1

Played last night for the night. While it is a great game. By no means it feels next gen. Just a shiney wrapper compared to ps3 version.

Only things I can see is slightly sharper graphqics and a better crowd. Oh I can see the grass also and creases in jerseys.

EA would want to get the finger out and truely make a next gen Fifa 15 or I won't be buying in future.

Ignite engine my arse.

I hope Samsung making new type of game console... Such as galaxy comsole

pottdry1 wrote: »
    I hope Samsung making new type of game console... Such as galaxy comsole

Why would you want that?!? And why post that here?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Agree. I think it is a very poor offering.
    - robotic movement of players, especially in the cut scenes.
    - Players limbs clipping and going through other players
    - Crap looking creases on the jerseys
    - no f**king tournament mode I mean come on
    - Zero innovation or change of gameplay from the previous 5 releases.

It is just terrible imo. 2K games need to develop a football game and show ea how it is done.

Fifa 14 ps4 for sale, €50.

Not sure you are going to get the full 50 with that level of salesmanship!

I jumped ship from PES to FIFA for the last 4 versions of the game and have to say have enjoyed each one. Every year is different (though not always better) than the year before, and always takes a certain amount of bedding in time, and indeed patches, before I really get to grips with and start enjoying the game.

Haven't made the upgrade to the next gen yet, but look forward to doing so around the time of next year's PES and FIFA releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

The problem I have is the lack of being able to play in Tournament mode, if you want any sort of campaign you need to do career mode which is a complete pain in the arse.

Online, there is no lobby, which again is rubbish.
    To play online you need to play as Seasons, I usually pick a League of Ireland side and it wont allow me play any big teams such as Real, Barca, Liverpool etc, instead I have to keep refreshing hoping someone is picking a similar reputation team. The majority of FIFA users use a 4/5 star team which means I cant really play online unless I use a top tier team..To top that off to go online you now have to pay for it.

FIFA14 on the PS4 is 10-15 Euro dearer and is half the game the PS3 version is. Once you revert to the usual FIFA angle you dont see the crowd for 90% of the game anyway.

Its an absolute rip off by EA Sports, Hopefully they will have to find that Land Fill Site in New Mexico and learn their lesson

IMO PS3 version of FIFA is a great game, its a shame the PS4 version is an utter disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

Only things I can see is slightly sharper graphics and a better crowd. Oh I can see the grass also and creases in jerseys.

Ignite engine my arse.

Guys

Ps4 is brand new, think of the last fifa14 on ps3 & GTA5, looked good right, that is because these systems were built over time ( 2006 ps3 debut ) imagine playing fifa from 2006 right now on ps3...then play fifa14...huge difference.

I dont think anyone is really annoyed at game play, its the extras, Youd get fed up of playing friendlies all the time!

I dont think anyone is really annoyed at game play, its the extras, Youd get fed up of playing friendlies all the time!

Play a different game mode?

gep91 wrote: »
    Guys

Ps4 is brand new, think of the last fifa14 on ps3 & GTA5, looked good right, that is because these systems were built over time ( 2006 ps3 debut ) imagine playing fifa from 2006 right now on ps3...then play fifa14...huge difference.

Have a look at this video

Personally, I see little difference between 2010 and 2014 just small details. But I guess there is little room for improvement.

Personally, I see little difference between 2010 and 2014 just small details. But I guess there is little room for improvement.

from 2010 though, what about 2006 when ps3 came out?

miralize wrote: »
    Play a different game mode?

All thats there is Friendly or career mode, my point being it was great to be able to creat the World Cup, Euros, Champions League or an all International League etc etc

All thats there is Friendly or career mode, my point being it was great to be able to creat the World Cup, Euros, Champions League or an all International League etc etc

do you play online?

from 2010 though, what about 2006 when ps3 came out?

Yeap... even more difference if you compare it to 96. I think 2010 was their peak moment, since then it has been more of a season team stats yearly update.

do you play online?
    Indeed I do, with a League of Ireland side so normally hammered every game :D

I prefer offline World International leagues though if thats what you were asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Bo back and play PS3 version, they feel a lot different IMO. For some reason on next-gen I can't seem to manually tackle for fu*k as the reactions seem off, didn't have that problem on the old console. I would say the graphics are a lot better than 'slightly sharper' though, they look absolutely fantastic.

Advertisement