Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a nice restaurant in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 30-11-2013 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am Looking for a nice restaurant in Dublin City Centre,for a nice night out. any recommendations welcome.also how much approx for a 3 course meal for two people?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Mr.S wrote: »
    Budget and type of food?

Off the top of my head, nice places for 3 course meals that don't break the bank are:

Bite
    BEAR
    Fade Street Social (Main restaurant)

Or Asian / Sushi style places:

Musashi
    YAMAMORI

But yeah it all depends on your budget, you could get a 3 course meal for €15 or €150 each :)

I am not exactly loaded but I am getting a meal voucher for 2 people as a thanks to 1 person, so I don't want to get it for a cheap restaurant and insult the person, 100 euro would be about what I can afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Harbourmaster in the IFSC

http://harbourmaster.ie/food

Ok it's not central but it's right beside the Luas so you can go where you like afterwards :)

any more? would like a few to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

any more? would like a few to choose from.

Dunne & crescenz

Pure class

keep them coming

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

The Farm on Dawson Street is lovely.

looks good, any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

I wouldn't rate harbourmaster.Id reccomend shanahans or pearl brasserie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Peploe's early bird...three courses for €26.50...absolutely delicious and lovely atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I've 2 for you: The Hot Stove on Parnell Sq (extremely swanky - worth checking out) and Smyth and Gray where Tante Zoe's used to be in Temple Bar. Had a meltingly gorgeous slow-cooked beef cheek in S&G last week... Lovely atmosphere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

le bon crubeen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I wont be mad on buying a voucher in this economy. I know its thoughtful, but there is the risk of the business going under tomorrow. I know its not as common as it used to be, but it still happens and if its does, your voucher is a piece of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Vintage Kitchen is superb but you'd struggle to spend €100 there as it's BYO - http://www.thevintagekitchen.ie/

I had a superb meal in Terra Madre on Bachelor's Walk, best pasta ever and hilarious Italian waiters.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

Chez Max on Dame St or Baggot St. For an authentic French bistro experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭sky2424

Most restaurants in the city centre are booming (again). Regularly packed every night of the week.

Tried to get a table one Tuesday evening, which you would think isn't a busy night and the place was jammers with a 30min wait. And this was a fairly standard place!

I'd still side wirh Hvaladda. I don't buy vouchers for restaurants for that reason. As for restaurants being busy and doing well, again I tend to reserve judgement- especially for those offering groupon deals etc. Can't be making much on those sales

http://ouzosdublin.blogspot.ie/2013/04/the-race-to-bottom.html?m=1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Get the early bird at the Bull and Castle, great steaks and great beer.

http://bull-and-castle.fxbuckley.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

The Blackboard Bistro close to Trinity College is wonderful (tried it a few weeks back and had an amazing meal). They sell gift vouchers online if that helps. View their menu is you like...
    http://theblackboardbistro.ie/dinner-in-dublin/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Groupon deals are a great way to bring in folk that wouldn't normally go because of the high cost, spreads awareness etc. So while they might not make much on the sale (plus Groupons horribly high costs), they probably get quite a bit of extra customers from recommendations and repeat visits!

They make thier money from booze and deserts...especially booze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

ScottSF wrote: »
    The Blackboard Bistro close to Trinity College is wonderful (tried it a few weeks back and had an amazing meal). They sell gift vouchers online if that helps. View their menu is you like...
    http://theblackboardbistro.ie/dinner-in-dublin/
    Went a few weeks back just to say they do 50% off bottles of wine on tuesday and wednesday:)
    Had a great meal

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Rolys bistro or l'Ecrivain,both fine establishments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

Pichet on College Green is really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭DrFloppy

Selfheal wrote: »
    Chez Max on Dame St or Baggot St. For an authentic French bistro experience.

Been there twice. Both times utterly, utterly appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

DrFloppy wrote: »

But you went back a second time ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

DrFloppy wrote: »

He did say authentic and French experience...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Vintage Kitchen is superb but you'd struggle to spend €100 there as it's BYO - http://www.thevintagekitchen.ie/

Agreed. The food is utterly amazing and BYOB keeps the costs right down.

One of the best meals i've ever had in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Monty's of Kathmandu

Love it. Food and staff are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Original post in November last year, if he hasn't made a decision by now then there's no hope for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

God damn zombie threads.

Advertisement