Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second iPad, what Apple ID to use?

• 30-11-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

I am getting an iPad for Mrs Brightspark.

Should I set it up with my Apple ID or create a new ID?

Are there any advantages/disadvantages to having the same ID or different IDs?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

Same id means only pay for an app once and you both have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

jamesd wrote: »
    Same id means only pay for an app once and you both have it.

One ID means anything you send or recieve via e-mail or iMessage and so on can also be received on the other iPad. You can always set up the iPad under a new e-mail for her and when its set up, sign out of that apple ID in the itunes store, sign in in your own one, put all the apps that cost money on it, sign back out and sign in in her new one and you wont have any of the double receiving of information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

The same id does not mail email has to be the same not he 2nd iPad, setup his own email address on the iPad for him and turn off iMessage on it or else set i
    The iMessage up under another id - no need to complicate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Set up an new id for her that way she do all her own stuff much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

This post has been deleted.

That's what Mrs Type 17 & I have done - she has her own email, and I can contact her on her (separate) Apple ID in Facetime, Messages, etc, but we both use my Apple ID for the App store (and Mac App Store on our Macs), so we only have to buy stuff once - it's legit to use the same AppleID on multiple devices if they are in the same household (and there is no block on doing it across different households, although there are limits to the number of Macs/iOS devices that can use the same AppleID).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Give her a separate ID, and if she wants to download your apps she can login to your App Store account and download them. Safest way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Zcott wrote: »
    Give her a separate ID, and if she wants to download your apps she can login to your App Store account and download them. Safest way.

This is the best. Also means your purchase history doesn't get polluted with apps/music/books/magazines she may buy.

Advertisement