Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Closing apps

• 30-11-2013 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,838 ✭✭✭✭

On my new iphone5 I can't close my apps like I used to on my iPhone 4 to save my battery life. How do you do it on the iphone5??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

double tap the home button as always then flick up. thats assuming you have iOS 7 installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,838 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

shanec1928 wrote: »
    double tap the home button as always then flick up. thats assuming you have iOS 7 installed

Thanks. I've tried flicking up but nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Thanks. I've tried flicking up but nothing

Flick up the actual apps (the preview you see on the main window) don't flick-up the icons at the button as you did in prevous IOS, should be the same as in your Iphone 4 if you had IOS 7 install

nava wrote: »
    Flick up the actual apps (the preview you see on the main window) don't flick-up the icons at the button as you did in prevous IOS, should be the same as in your Iphone 4 if you had IOS 7 install
    Got it. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Advertisement

Just read it. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Granted, but I'm still OCD about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

back in the day it may have been a moot point to clear out your "multitasking tray" but now with the likes of background refresh the icon/live preview of an app isn't just a placeholder anymore, it can and will do data transfers which can take significant battery if you're on the cusp of being between edge and 3g (unless you've specifically turned off background app refresh).

Still I'm an advocate of leaving this stuff on as turning off every little thing I might as well stayed on a Nokia 3210, I'm also never more than 45 minutes from a charger too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you don't want an app refreshing in the background then you should disable Background Refresh. The problem with using the multitasking switcher is that Apple never intended for it be used to manage open apps, hence why the killing functionality is hidden. In iOS 6 and previous the system could silently re-launch an app even after you "killed" it. In iOS 7, Apple adapted how multitasking worked somewhat so that killing an app works closer to how people expect it to work. But it's still totally unnecessary because most apps aren't running/can't run for more than a few seconds/minutes before the system shuts them down. You would have to kill an app immediately after leaving it and even then the battery saving would be miniscule.

Update. I have to say, since closing my apps I've noticed a definite increase in my phones battery

• Advertisement
Advertisement