Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC not opening some websites

• 30-11-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭

i cant access www.google.ie and www.speedtest.net and rte.ie yet other sites such as www.facebook.com and www.boards.ie open just fine. tech support are going to get an enginner to call me but it could be days , anyone with any ideas?

download speeds seem fine! i was just downloading a file at 500k/s there!

i have hard reset the modem and tried multiple windows 7 machines and my android phone, same problems, same websites..AND the affected websites will open just fine on 3G so its definetly a UPC problem

anyone got a link to a speedtest i could try other than http://www.upc.ie/broadbandandphone/speedtest/ and www.speedtest.net neither of which will work for me :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DRice wrote: »
    i cant access www.google.ie and www.speedtest.net and rte.ie yet other sites such as www.facebook.com and www.boards.ie open just fine. tech support are going to get an enginner to call me but it could be days , anyone with any ideas?

download speeds seem fine! i was just downloading a file at 500k/s there!

i have hard reset the modem and tried multiple windows 7 machines and my android phone, same problems, same websites

anyone got a link to a speedtest i could try other than http://www.upc.ie/broadbandandphone/speedtest/ and www.speedtest.net neither of which will work for me :mad:

Magnet speed test?

You got Java installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

speedtest.magnet.ie isnt working "license expired or invalid". maybe i need to be on a magnet connection to use their speedtest?

i do have java but i suppose i could try updating it, problem is i cant access java.com to download the update

i managed to find an update for the JRE as a torrent (8.0) but still no improvement, i dont think it is anything on my machine as the sites wont open on any of my machines and i wouldnt imagine www.google.ie requires a special java update anyway. when i can open www.google.ie i know the problem is fixed but its not:(

anyone else ever experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Maybe a DNS problem

can you open google ireland with this link
    [url]Http://74.125.24.94[/url]

And RTE with this link

[url]Http://89.207.56.140[/url]

tuxy wrote: »
    Maybe a DNS problem

can you open google ireland with this link
    [url]Http://74.125.24.94[/url]

And RTE with this link

[url]Http://89.207.56.140[/url]

the google site isnt working, but i can access rte now

have you got one for www.speedtest.net or www.youtube.com?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

Speedtest:
    http://93.184.219.82

If the direct IP works then you have a DNS problem. Try changing it in the router, or manually on each PC.

Advertisement