Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP, Limit bandwith on eircom d100 router

• 30-11-2013 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I have a new eircom d1000 router on a 8mb eircom package

I need help if anyone can

I need to limit the bandwith on LAN port 4 to 5mb as that port goes to my sons playstation where he uses Netflix and it takes up all of the bandwith

I rang eircom and they tole me to set up QOS in my router, I found this, but how do I tell it to give lan port 4 only 5mb or even the mac address of the ps3, I don't know how to set up the classifiers or queue's

any help would be great

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its not on a port basis, its on a MAC address basis as thats what Identifies the PS3.

ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/P-660HNU-F1/user_guide/P-660HNU-F1_1.00.pdf

Thats the manual. Use CTRL+F to find the QoS parts. Basically you want to make a low priority QoS channel for the PS3 and have the default on high priority, least thats from my skim of it.

Girlfriend has a D1000 so I might make a guide up if theres enough interest.

Advertisement