Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming & Multimedia PC Build

Options
  • 30-11-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

1. What is your budget? [none]
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Need to build a PC that's suitable for mass storage and editing of files (specifically photos and videos for work), general internet browsing as well as gaming online.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Have one.]
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No.]
    5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes.]
    5a. If yes, what size do you need. [No specific size.]
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? []
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes.]
    8. How can you pay? [Any.]
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [N/A]

Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K €213.42
    MSI B85-G41 PC Mate, ATX, Sockel 1150 €66.43
    8GB-Kit G Skill PC3-12800U CL11-11-11-28 €67.78
    MSI N760 TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC, 2GB DDR5 €232.05
    Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache 2.5-Inch ST1000LM014 €73.61
    Storm enforcer CM Mid Tower Computer Case €51.63
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO – CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan €25.81
    BenQ VA LED Monitor GW2450 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor €118.03
    Rosewill Hive 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply €47.85
    Thermaltake eSPORTS Challenger Wired Gaming Keyboard €66.25
    Thermaltake MO-BLK002DT Wired Laser Mouse €22.08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

List prices you are paying, what I7 is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LorzC

Listed them and changed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

LorzC wrote: »
    Listed them and changed them.

Where you buying from.

I7 k is overkill. If your not going to overclock it.
    The case I'd go with the carbide 200r
    And power supply of that watt at that price looks iffy.

Would the I5 be better? I had that originally but a few people convinced me I may as well go for the I7.
    At the moment from a multitude of places including newEgg.
    Just checked the price of the power supply. It's originally €88.34 but is reduced at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 whos_dan

LorzC wrote: »
    Would the I5 be better? I had that originally but a few people convinced me I may as well go for the I7.
    At the moment from a multitude of places including newEgg.
    Just checked the price of the power supply. It's originally €88.34 but is reduced at the moment.

You won't be able to buy from Newegg unfortunately, they don't ship to Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

Whats your budget and what monitor do you currently have?
    Are you going to be overclocking the processor and graphics card?

That board also only has support for Crossfire(AMD) and not SLI(NVIDIA) if you were planning on adding a second card down the line(Maybe someone could correct me). 750 Watt is total overkill if you have no plan of adding a second card and a 500 Watt power supply would be more than enough.

If you have the budget then go for the I7 if not the i5. Also you can get a much better graphics card than the GTX 760. Could you fill this out below so people can help you better.

1. What is your budget? [€]
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? []
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? []
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? []
    5. Do you need a monitor? []
    5a. If yes, what size do you need. []
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? []
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? []
    8. How can you pay? []
    9. When are you purchasing? []
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? []

Ìt's for a project so at the moment it's theoretical. Doesn't matter if they don't ship here. They'll just get us to swap it around if we have to physically build it, and we more likely than not won't. Don't have a budget because of this, and no current monitor that applies, just the one I have listed. Overclocking yes, the graphics card comes pre overclocked. I'll check out the power supply because I had no plans to include adding a second card.

If you have no plans on overclocking the processor then get a Xeon or an I5 with no K at the end.

Advertisement