Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Direct Debit.

Options
  • 30-11-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    Last year at the company I work for, I changed 21 accounts to direct debit payments.  I didn't keep a note of what charges were being saved having done this. Does anyone know what the saving would have been on each bi-monthly bill?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi YoungLooney,

Unless you explicitly requested a specific price plan to be applied for each of the accounts in question, discounts wouldn't have been automatically applied. The reason for this is that there are terms and conditions associated with our price plans (including contract end dates and early exit fees), which the customer would be required to agree to.

In general, direct debit comprises 8% of our available 10% discounts for both electricity and gas. See here for more information.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 4 YoungLooney

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your quick response,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]From what you are saying I gather that I would not have seen any saving from changing from paying by cheque to direct debit until I subsequently changed tariffs. The majority of sites were General Purpose and GP Night Saver, which I later changed to the Choice tariffs you were then offering. All of these sites were electricity only.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am looking to get a ballpark figure on the money saved just from changing to direct debit, was there not a standard fee in 2012 for the administration of cheques that I avoided? Was the administration fee dependant on the energy consumption at each site? While I understand that the percentage figure is useful for marketing, I’m not sure that it will give an accurate ballpark as the energy usage at these sites was not uniform.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I realise that this is a rather tedious request, but I would be very grateful for any assistance you can offer.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi YoungLooney,

To give you any kind of reliable ballpark figure, it would be best to view the accounts in question and their associated tariffs. We could arrange a callback from our business team, if you can send your contact details by private message?

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement