Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your favourite perfume of all time?

• 30-11-2013 7:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

So, what is your favourite perfume of all time?Now i know we all have a few but isn't there just that one you cannot live without that blends perfectly into your skin to give out a beautiful scent that is pleasing to the nose..

It can be a cologne/eau de parfum/parfum/or eau de toilette.It doesnt matter.

My favourite perfume is carrement belle in vanilla it is just the purest scent of vanilla there is no scent as good as this,and i have tried an awful lot of vanilla scents(and bought them) over the years..But this one has just the right concentration of vanilla and lasts and lasts on the skin,anytime i wear it complete strangers come up to me and ask me what perfume am i wearing?I always tell them right too:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir.

Chloe (the original version).

Honourable mention to l'Occitaine Verbena (and Lemon Verbena) scents. Very clean, fresh and zingy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Kenzo amour, must try out your suggestion op cause I too love vanilla!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Chloe! Original..I adore this. But I've actually not had any compliments wearing it so not sure if it suits me..gonna try that vanilla one :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Kenzo amour, must try out your suggestion op cause I too love vanilla!
    Chloe! Original..I adore this. But I've actually not had any compliments wearing it so not sure if it suits me..gonna try that vanilla one

The vanilla is a purest scent,it is beautiful,and it just envelopes you with even one spray,it is a great high quality perfume from a french guy called frank jammes,he has been in the perfume business over 20 years,he is a french perfumer who has perfected each and every scent he has tried his hand at.I like the musk one aswell and a perfume called so..They have ippi patchouli if you are into that scent,and a few others,the scents really are something special,nothing like in the shops the vanilla one is miles better than viktor and rolph and i love viktor and rolph and the jimmy choo scent..

It is 43 euros for a bottle of 100 ml and the scent lasts and last you dont even need to spray it again and again,thats why it is such good value.

You can get it off other sites i think but i only use the carrement belle website,in order to translate the french words i use babel fish,so i know where im clicking to,you can pay by credit card or email them and ask them can you pay by postal order,and give your name and address and put your name and address in the letter with the postal order..

If you pay by credit card this paybox thing comes up,dont worry thats their payment service they use,its not your credit details being stolen!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Ghost Deep Night
    Such a mysterious smell - got complimented quite a lot on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Love flowerbomb and Chloe Narcisse Always get compliments when I wear these. Was given a bottle of Chanel no.19 as a gift. only Opened it today and hate it. My nine year old son also told me I smelt like the barbers! Don't think I will be wearing that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Bright Crystal by Versace, it's the best I've tried by miles. I hate strong perfumes, and with this you don't smell 'perfumed', just good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭burberry

Creed spring flower last forever.

Love flowerbomb and Chloe Narcisse Always get compliments when I wear these.

I love viktor and rolph i think another simliar scent to this is jimmy choo fragrance by jimmy choo,and a cheap version which i got for ten euros is called adore i got it in Llyods pharmacy.
    Creed spring flower last forever.
    Oh i love creed i have creed flowers and love in white..I just love them!

Oh i love creed i have creed flowers and love in white..I just love them!
    Yea i love it to pity its so expensive :(

• Advertisement

I love viktor and rolph i think another simliar scent to this is jimmy choo fragrance by jimmy choo,and a cheap version which i got for ten euros is called adore i got it in Llyods pharmacy.Oh i love creed i have creed flowers and love in white..I just love them!
    Where do you buy your creed hotbabe 1992 ?

Yea i love it to pity its so expensive
    I know lol..I save up my euro to go on a perfume splurge every now and then,for some people its clothes or bags for me its perfume..

In dealz i noticed at the moment they have victoria beckham perfumes for 10.00,beyonce pulse,and beyonce heat,katy perry,kylie minogue and so on..

Im not a huge fan of celebrity scents i have scant few designer and celebrity scents,most of my perfumes are either cheap n chic's or gourment perfumes from french perfumers.

Having said all that,the victoria beckham one is actually good..I will wear my cheap and chic and celeb ones for everyday and the gourmet ones for when i want to smell that little bit more special..

Where do you buy your creed hotbabe 1992 ?

I buy mine on ebay.co.uk there is a creed going there at the moment for 37.00,and there is another one with 2 days left going at 99cent but im sure the sellers might bump the bids up but you never know some of them still go on the cheap..

I got creed and ecoudray perfumes last week,and it all worked out okay no funny business with the sellers or anything like that,i checked their feedback to see if they were okay and their feedback was near 100% so all was good..

You can get lucky with ebay at times,it all depends,sometimes they can go for over 100 like you would get in the shops othertimes bids could just come short of 40..

I buy mine on ebay.co.uk there is a creed going there at the moment for 37.00,and there is another one with 2 days left going at 99cent but im sure the sellers might bump the bids up but you never know some of them still go on the cheap..

I got creed and ecoudray perfumes last week,and it all worked out okay no funny business with the sellers or anything like that,i checked their feedback to see if they were okay and their feedback was near 100% so all was good..

You can get lucky with ebay at times,it all depends,sometimes they can go for over 100 like you would get in the shops othertimes bids could just come short of 40..

Thanks for that will check it out later

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Chanel allure is my all time favourite , always go back to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Miracle by Lancome really nice sweet, light and flowery scent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Flowerbomb.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love Marc Jacobs Oh Lola for day and Bulgari Jasmin Noir for night.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

Truth by Calvin klien

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

That's easy: Chanel Madamoiselle (had three bottles)...but...Lidl's dupe is just the same. The amount of compliments I get is unreal.

Next up - Burberry Original - divine is what it is. Perfect day scent.

Rhianna's Nude also gorgeous - getting me a big 'ol 100ml online soon - waaay cheaper than in store plus it's v hard to get 100mls in it (and many more besides).

Cheapsmells.co.uk is where it's all happening. Nasty name but sher wth?

• Advertisement

Will have to look up cheapsmells thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I love Eau d'Issey Miyake but I've never been able to afford to buy it. I also love Thierry Mugler Angel and Armani Code for night time. Chanel Chance is lovely too, and Noa :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love Issey Miyake both the male and female versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

D&G Feminine, which is now discontinued :(
    I'm on the look out for something similar if anyone has any ideas.

I've always been a fan of Body Shop perfume oils, coconut and vanilla are my favourites.

I have 2 really cheap un branded perfume oils I bought on ebay years ago that people ALWAYS comment on, one is a vanilla-ish and one is strawberry-ish.

I like some of the Escada perfumes too.

I'm going to try the vanilla mentioned in the OP, thanks for the tip!

D&G Feminine, which is now discontinued
    I'm on the look out for something similar if anyone has any ideas.

I've always been a fan of Body Shop perfume oils, coconut and vanilla are my favourites.

I have 2 really cheap un branded perfume oils I bought on ebay years ago that people ALWAYS comment on, one is a vanilla-ish and one is strawberry-ish.

I like some of the Escada perfumes too.

I'm going to try the vanilla mentioned in the OP, thanks for the tip!
    Below you will see a quote on frank jammes the french perfumer of carrement belle perfumes,he is not very well known,in ireland,uk,the us etc..He is well known in the fashion capitals like france and italy..
    Thats what keeps his business open,i only came across carrment belle in a boutique a few years back,and they discontinued the product she said the wholesale got more expensive,when they were in her shop they literally sold out the door,you would nearly have to book one,thats how bad it got,i came back for a second one when i ran out but it was gone :(
    So i went online only to see a french website was selling it,so my first buy was by postal order,my second purchase when i got the card was by credit card,i found it difficult to navigate the website,but then i started copying and pasting words i didnt understand into babel fishes translator and it was fine then i could make my orders,i ended up ordering six bottles i got so excited,and i got a load of samples of other perfumes he had for sale,and then went back and bought kilim which is a beautiful fragrance(got more samples!!!) too but a little strong maybe for some tastes..Vanilla is their best creation i think but maybe thats my nose being biased towards vanilla :)
    Thanks to the talented nose of Frank Jammes, the extracts, eau de parfum and eau de toilette of the collection CARREMENT BELLE PARFUMS has been charming each generation since 1988. As he creates each fragrance – from the woodsy IPPI PATCHOULI with subtle musk, the manly ALFRED KAFÉ, to the sensual SO, the freshness of ENKOR, and the festive and sweet AGITÉ, and not to forget the latest addition, 555 – Frank Jammes knows how to respond to the desires of men and women. In this range, Carrement Belle Parfums offers a variety of fragrances that respond to women’s infidelity when it comes to fashion. He adopted the slogan: “I want them all, because I want to be all of those women. I have them all, because I’m unique.” And they put the scent on, the ocean-inspired ÏODE in the summer, the heady and oriental KILIM in the winter…or even, for the gourmet among them, a touch of mischievous VANILLA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have 2. Coco and Black Orchid by Tom Ford. Only wear Black Orchid in winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

My daytime perfume is DKNY - subtle but fresh.
    For occasions my absolute favourite is Lady Million by Paco Rabonne. It is gorgeous & lasts for ages.
    Also a fan of Chanel Allure, beautiful scent & love the mini bottles you can get to carry in handbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Daytime- Black XS by Paco Rabanne
    Night time-Midnight Poison by Dior

I've been wearing that combination for years now, and love them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Mine is definitely Obsession Night by Calvin Klein, never see it in shops so always buy online. I just love it, its so unusual and because not many people wear it I get loads of compliments on it.

I also love CK one for daytime.

I have so many perfumes at the moment that people have bought me, that are nice but maybe not my thing. I think perfume is a personal thing and shouldn't really be bought as a present unless you 100% know the person likes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I have two

Summer-Jo Malone Lime basil and mandarin

Winter - Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

Love love love both of them and never get sick of smelling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Tom Ford - Black Orchid

Obsession - Calvin Klein.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gurl88

I don't really have an all time favourite, there are a few I like a lot: Idylle by guerlain, Ange ou demon by givenchy, Miss cherie by dior.
    Though spending 50 euro or more on a tiny bottle of good smelling alcohol makes me feel somewhat guilty so most of the time I end up bying Magic woman by Bruno Banani which is way more budget friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Addict by Dior is my all time favourite. It's quite strong so I would only ever wear it in the evenings.

Digs wrote: »
    I have two

Summer-Jo Malone Lime basil and mandarin

Winter - Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir

Love love love both of them and never get sick of smelling them.

Me loves Pomegranate Noir :)

However, I bought Lime Basil Mandarin having heard rave reviews of the smell, and I liked it in the shop, but on wearing it for a few hours I found it smelled like air-freshener on me :( I gave it to the Mammy eventually.

I don't really have an all time favourite, there are a few I like a lot: Idylle by guerlain, Ange ou demon by givenchy, Miss cherie by dior.
    Though spending 50 euro or more on a tiny bottle of good smelling alcohol makes me feel somewhat guilty so most of the time I end up bying Magic woman by Bruno Banani which is way more budget friendly.

Im looking to bulk up my perfume collection so i will be having a look at that magic woman by burno banani..Do you know where they sell it by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Gucci Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gurl88

Im looking to bulk up my perfume collection so i will be having a look at that magic woman by burno banani..Do you know where they sell it by any chance?

I'm not Irish, nor do I live there, so I'm afraid I can't help you on that one :(

I'm not Irish, nor do I live there, so I'm afraid I can't help you on that one

damn i might just ebay it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Love Very Irresistible by Givency. Long time user of Flower by Kenzo too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

boogle wrote: »
    Love Very Irresistible by Givency. Long time user of Flower by Kenzo too.

I used to absolutely love Flower by Kenzo; my Mum would wear it and I always thought it was gorgeous. But when I got it myself I went completely off it, it must not suit me or something. I'm only wearing it these days to use it up.

Funny how a perfume can totally change from one person to the next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Mine is definitely Dior Pure Poison. I absolutely love it, unfortunately I don't have any, and won't be getting any unless I win the lotto.

Chancel Chance is another favourite, I've never owned a bottle though unfortunately :(

Armani Code, Noa and Eurporia are faves too. I love the body shop Madagascan Vanilla too, its about €10 a bottle, and lasts for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Me loves Pomegranate Noir :)

However, I bought Lime Basil Mandarin having heard rave reviews of the smell, and I liked it in the shop, but on wearing it for a few hours I found it smelled like air-freshener on me :( I gave it to the Mammy eventually.

My mum and Aunties are literally Jo Malone addicts. They buy first and decide later.... As a result I (happily) receive most of their cast offs so I've tried a few but these are my favourites. Verbena is lovely too. I find the body creams much more reasonable and last longer too :)

I heard that reiss grey flowers is supposed to be a good scent will be looking out in the shops to buy it..

Its supposed to be a strong scent perfect for chrismas wear with an underbase note of vanilla..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

Love Narcisco Rodriquez and Bvlgari Jasmin Noir.

I got la belle est vie the other day as an xmas present,(cant open it)but the sample i got with it is just the sweetest most beautiful scent ever,really love it!!!

If im honest i have a few favourites:
    1.carrement belle vanilla
    2.fragonard grain de soleil
    3.e coudray amber et vanille
    3. outremer l'aromarine vanilla
    4. annick goutal vanilla
    5. loccitane notre flore neroli seville orange
    6.givenchy very irresistable
    7. lancome la belle est vie
    8. jo malone rose & vanilla
    9. anais anais by cacharel
    10.lush tuca tuca
    11.versace baby rose jeans in pink
    12. viktor and rolph flowerbomb
    13 jimmy choo by jimmy choo
    14. alien by thierry mulgier
    15. womanity by theirry mulgier
    16. loccitane vanilla
    17. loccitane rose
    18. beyonce pulse
    19. victoria beckham intimate
    20. calvin klien euphoria
    21. fragnoard vanilla
    22. body shop vanilla

Thats just some of my collection i have,i have about 40 + perfumes including an essential ck1 200 ml bottle which i sometimes use as a base scent and spray on loccitane rose over it to layer scents..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

My absolutely favourite is MAC's Turquatic. I adore the smell, but I detest that the lasting power isn't great. Have searched high and low for a better quality dupe but to no avail...

Amazing scent and every man who has smelled it has loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

D & g light blue and kenzo flowers...

Piper101 wrote: »
    D & g light blue and kenzo flowers...

I was eyeing up a bottle of D&G Light Blue yesterday in Boots!

I also like Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers. It makes me happy :)

Advertisement