Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a a few piercings on the inside of my ears and they wont come out..

Options
  • 30-11-2013 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just looking for advice from my fellow pierce/tattooed boardsies,and other users/guests..

I have piercings on the inside part of my ears they are ball and pin ones but they dont screw out,they are the ones that are fixed and i tried getting them out with pliers,i even went to a guy in limerick in foxes bow when they had piercing place there(i dont know if its still there will have to look this week).

Anyway long story short went in there some while back and he said that he couldnt get them out with pliers etc..

I would have to go to someone with more delicate steady hands,obviously he didnt feel confident on doing it.And it was probably just as well..

Any advice for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

fixed piercings?? what are fixed piercings...and going at them with pliers???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

Yeah i know but the guy in limerick got pliers to them to get them out i dunno is that the done thing..Bascially he was using the pliers so it ring wouldnt be slipping around while he was trying to get the ball out that holds it there.

They are piercings that wont come out there not screw in ones,there older than the screw in ones i got it done in 2001.

oh cbrs, simple, grab a pair of nail clippers, place at ball/ring meeting point and clip down

Thanks for the advice but..Its not that simple they are stainless steel high quality steel a clipper wont get through..

I wish it was though.. :(

fair enough not as if I'm talking from experience or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Small nail scissors inserted carefully in the ring and opened should do the trick.

Also, I don't think Arawn meant for you to physically cut through the steel with the clippers...

Will have to try that if all else fails i'll go to a piercing / tatoo parlour and see what gadgets they can use..

so come look for advice and not listen to two proven methods that work? fair enough

Yeah i will try your options first before going anywhere yet,its a sunday at half eight so i can deffo exhaust those options first haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Em, she says "ball and pin", I think she means a barbell or a labret stud, not a captive bead ring...

I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

Otherwise, none of this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Em, she says "ball and pin", I think she means a barbell or a labret stud, not a captive bead ring...

I could be wrong.

That's what I thought, but in the second post she describes what seems to be a bcr.

I dont know the piercing ling but its one that doesnt come out its has a ball on it but it wont budge ive tried many times and failed and even ripped my ear on one i did ages ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I dont know the piercing ling but its one that doesnt come out its has a ball on it but it wont budge ive tried many times and failed and even ripped my ear on one i did ages ago..

Can you Google some of the terms used in this thread and see if any of them are what you have in your ear. Might help clarify for us cause I can't make heads nor tails of what you're talking about!

Thanks its actually bothered me for a long time will have to look it up..

It not labret or barbell,its not a straight bar piercing its a round piercing with a ball attached but it wont budge..

Will have to look up more piercings again and have a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Maybe post a picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Was it the piercing you actually got in when the piercing was first done?

It not labret or barbell,its not a straight bar piercing its a round piercing with a ball attached but it wont budge..

Will have to look up more piercings again and have a look..

Cbr?

Was it the piercing you actually got in when the piercing was first done?

No it wasnt.

• Advertisement

Cbr?

Sorry what is cbr :(

Sorry what is cbr :(

Google image cbr piercing and see if that's what it is

Do you know what tasden i think thats what it is thanks..At least i know what type of piercing it is will have to look at how to handle it now..cheers!!

Do you know what tasden i think thats what it is thanks..At least i know what type of piercing it is will have to look at how to handle it now..cheers!!

Someone advised you what it was and how to deal with it on the first page

Edit: it was arawn!

Will have to do so thanks for all the advice guys

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Will have to do so thanks for all the advice guys

If the nail clippers don't work, get a small pair of needle nose pliers, put then into the ring, and open them. Should stretch the ring and the ball will pop out.

You could do it with scissors too, but be super careful not to cut yourself. Again, just put them through the ring and open the scissors so they stretch the ring out.

Nail clippers will work without a doubt as they rings are not a large guage (based on op not knowing piercing jewelery names) I have the mothod on everything from frenum piercings to a prince albert

Frenum to a Prince Albert is like |---| that far.

Stupid me, was researching my next piercing, meant Frenulum, as in the oral kind ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Frenum to a Prince Albert is like |---| that far.

Less on some people.....

Advertisement