Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time does that ferris wheel close?

Options
  • 30-11-2013 9:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

Thinking of heading in to have a go but don't know if it's still open. Anyone know? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭rob316

8 I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Feck.

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Was there earlier this evening with kids. Paid €3 each only got around once, by that I mean it went around one cycle while stopping constantly to let people on and off.
    Not my idea of a Ferris wheel ride at all especially considering the one in Funderland which if I recall went around 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

kub wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother if I were you. Was there earlier this evening with kids. Paid €3 each only got around once, by that I mean it went around one cycle while stopping constantly to let people on and off.
    Not my idea of a Ferris wheel ride at all especially considering the one in Funderland which if I recall went around 3 times.

Ps was also there on Friday night it went around twice then, obviously the operators are getting mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kub wrote: »

ah feck, that's a balls. Can't say I'm surprised though. The magic of Christmas eh, squeezing as much money as they can out of the average punter (usually parents wishing to share a special moment with their kids, fond memories and all that).
    I know they are there as a business but only giving people one revolution is taking the piss.
    In saying that I know the kids would love to go on it, it's just that feeling every parent gets when they know they are being shafted :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I was at this the other night. I didn't go on (wimp :P) but my friends went around three times before they had to get off. Maybe when it's busy they reduce it to one revolution? Bit mean if it's normally only one! There was no queue at all when we were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Went around 4 times for us on Sunday :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Only went around once for me, stopping every 2 seconds to let people on/off. What a load of ****ing ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I'd be curious to know what day and time were people getting the best and worst value.

Seen it for the first time tonight and I'd like to try it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Is it open for customers during the week until 8 does anyone know, or is it weekends only?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

i got on it around 7.30pm on tuesday!

went around twice for me. I'm assuming on weekends you'll get one go around because it's so busy and the time spent on it would be equal the time spent going around twice on quiet days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

took the kids on it today at 12 noon, we got 5 rounds on it, kids loved it. Some views from the top alright.
    The spinning carriage wasn't doing anything for my hangover from the 12 pubs the night before:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Had a go at the weekend. Sign says open from 12 to 9pm every day from now up to christmas eve.

Advertisement