Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evangelion Marathon in the Light House Cinema

Options
  • 30-11-2013 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks, just thought I'd create this thread. I've just come back from the Light House Cinema, where I watched back to back the first three Rebuild of Evangelion movies. I had previously seen the first two, not the third, but I got my money's worth in entertainment.
    I just want to ask if anyone understood just what was going on in the third movie. The first two are relatively straight forward, but the third just seemed to be all over the place. I do have a few questions
    1) Just how many people are left alive? I don't think we see more than ten people in this one. We see Misato, Ritsuko, the Eva pilots, Kaoru, Gendo, Fuyutsuki and Misato's bridge staff...but that's it. Are they pretty much all that's left of humanity?
    2) How did Gendo make Unit 13? Nerv HQ is shown to be in ruins, and in fact, at that location, we only see him, Fuyutsuki, Rei and Kaoru. Given that SEELE have gone silent on him, it's apparent that he lost access to their funding and resources.
    3) Why was Shinji so hell bent on taking the two spears? Okay, I understand, he wants to make the world a better place, but the problem is, his sole reason for that belief is because Kaoru told him. Why didn't he listen when Kaoru told him that they were the wrong spears?

Apart from that, the 3rd movie just has a few other unanswered questions (rather than seeming contradictions like the above), like why do the pilots stop aging (curse of Evangelion? No other explanation?) or why Shinji and Unit-01 were in a box at the start of the movie and it's been 14 years.

Other than that folks, what did you think? I enjoyed being at the Light House cinema, nice architecture.

Advertisement