Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking my dog in Maynooth area

Options
  • 30-11-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I'm considering a move to Maynooth. But my dog is important to me. So I am wondering is Maynooth a good place to own a dog.

For example, is there a place I can go that is not too far, as i have no car, where my dog could run off the lead. Newbridge has the Curragh, does Maynooth have a little forest I can do that or anything? Failing that is there a place far from roads but where i could walk my dog on a leash, I'm guessing NUIM might be a possibility.

Is there a doggy day care facility within the town? I know there are a few within a 20 minute drive, but I have no car as mentioned. Google search throws up nothing good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Im not sure about anywhere in walking distance that does day care, but Maynooth's acceptable (but not great) for walking dogs off lead.

You have:
    South Campus of the college- in which you run the risk of being told to put them back on a lead (Although I've had mine off lead there loads).
    Carton Golf Course, you can't let them off.
    Canal walk- can let them off, nice long walk to Leixlip and back.

If you ever do get a car or a lift, Castletown and Donadea are nearby and are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Woofys in Straffan do doggy day care.
    http://www.woofys.ie/woofyskennel.html

It's where we kennel our two when we're going away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There are loads of dogs and always people out walking their dogs in Maynooth. I don't let mine off the lead so no idea there but there are nice walks around the college,and the canal and up towards Carton house.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

forgot about the canal, brillant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Around the back of the old college I've let mine off lead. If he will come when called it's not really a problem but as mentioned you may be asked to put him back on. Apart from the canal that's about it for off lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Whiteflag12

Canal is a great spot, you can walk for ages there!

Advertisement