Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast with Kids?

Options
  • 30-11-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I know its a strange question , but do you think it would be safe to bring the kids to Belfast for the Christmas spirit for the day. Wanted to go last year, but was put of by the political wranglings. Do you think there is a similar threat this yeaqr, or am i being paranoid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Safe, definately. During the daytime and in the city centre the protests etc are well controlled and policed. They can be a little daunting to see because of the sheer number of people involved, but having found myself in the thick of it last year I didn't feel unsafe at all. Belfast is lovely around the festive season and the vast vast majority of 'ordinary' folks go about things there like anywhere else in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Come, enjoy yourselves!! Any hassle (IF there is any) will be confined to the usual spots on the fringes of town, the city centre is safe as houses (and rather safer than the likes of Dublin!)...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭djtwigster

Cheers folk, took the plunge anyway and had a great time. A lovely Christmas atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

have to agree.
    Belfast is so much safer than Dublin its not funny - so if you would risk your kids safety in Dublin, then you can go to Belfast and relax.
    (and sorry Dublin, but till the guards get medieval on the scumbags, thieves and druggies, no Dublin is not safe - not Belfast safe, not Munich safe, not Zurich, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Vienna etc etc etc type of safe)

Advertisement