Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you visited every Dublin suburb?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this is age related to get more experience(myself in 30's) but as the question says have you visited every suburb in Dublin? That is each suburb with its main street, you don't have to have visited the estates of each suburb to make it count.

For example, you visited Lucan village, that's fine as you didn't have to visit Adamstown to make it count :);)

To visit is to actually drive through or walk through each suburb. Driving through actually means driving through the main street of each suburb experiencing the environs and not bypassing it on the motorway :)

On the top of my head as a mostly northsider, i've never visited the likes of Ballybrack\Ballinteer\Carrickmines yet.

So put yourself in the scenario of a taxi man and the punter asks you to send you to a particular suburb and then you ask yourself "was I ever there before?"

So do you know all of Dublin's suburbs :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

moxin wrote: »
    Dunno if this is age related to get more experience(myself in 30's) but as the question says have you visited every suburb in Dublin? That is each suburb with its main street, you don't have to have visited the estates of each suburb to make it count.

For example, you visited Lucan village, that's fine as you didn't have to visit Adamstown to make it count :);)

To visit is to actually drive through or walk through each suburb. Driving through actually means driving through the main street of each suburb experiencing the environs and not bypassing it on the motorway :)

On the top of my head as a mostly northsider, i've never visited the likes of Ballybrack\Ballinteer\Carrickmines yet.

So put yourself in the scenario of a taxi man and the punter asks you to send you to a particular suburb and then you ask yourself "was I ever there before?"

How about you OP. I would say more not than have. Define a suburb. Not every suburb has a main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Told you! Haven't visited Ballybrack\Ballinteer\Carrickmines yet, do they have main streets? :)

If they haven't main streets state the "main centre of local shopping activity"..LOL. For example i've visited Donaghmede and that takes in their shopping centre but i don't think they have a main street! (maybe I shouid have stated this in the original post :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

This could be fun... I was thinking about it as i was reading and i thought i had visited them all, but I have never been to Lucan village, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would say I have, courtesy of exploring the entire Dublin Bus network!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

gzoladz wrote: »
    This could be fun... I was thinking about it as i was reading and i thought i had visited them all, but I have never been to Lucan village, i think.

Aw maaaaan!! You haven't lived!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

moxin wrote: »

So do you need to know it, or have visited it, or have driven through part of it once to quality? Not clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

So do you need to know it, or have visited it, or have driven through part of it once to quality? Not clear.

Visited either as driving through or walking through (perhaps the bus as well).

For example, i've never visited Ballinteer. I wouldn't have a clue how to get there as I don't know where it is, I'd have to look up a map beforehand!

Advertisement