Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weighing scales

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

I’m using a digital crane clock now for 4 years & only replaced batteries a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

Robson99 wrote: »
    Anyone ?

I bought one off o'hara in Carlow, had to get rid of it as waste of time.....they are not properly balanced so when a lamb wend in and stood mostly as one end with his arse against the back door he was 3 kg heavier than if i put him in the other end of the scales.

Bough one of DMD scales in mayo last year and very happy with it...its a weigh cell under the sales rather than a clock.

roosky wrote: »
    I bought one off o'hara in Carlow, had to get rid of it as waste of time.....they are not properly balanced so when a lamb wend in and stood mostly as one end with his arse against the back door he was 3 kg heavier than if i put him in the other end of the scales.

Bough one of DMD scales in mayo last year and very happy with it...its a weigh cell under the sales rather than a clock.

picture?

roosky wrote: »

never heard of them, look a good job, how much are they?

• Advertisement

razor8 wrote: »

I got mine last December 12 months, it was a demo model so got it for €700, seems dear now but was sick to the teeth of sending lambs to slaughter and not trusting the scales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I’m using a digital crane clock now for 4 years & only replaced batteries a few times

How well does that do if the lamb is a bit jumpy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Stanley's from Laois sell the most accurate scales, it is running on bearings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Dealt with them on Cattle scales, they’re a family business over in Mayo.
    Very good after sales.

Advertisement