Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car sharing to ballina

Options
  • 01-12-2013 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm going on placement in January for 8 months with a technology firm in ballina and it would take me at least a month to afford renting there.the thoughts of getting bus eireann to and from there puts shivers down my spin. I live in dromard and I was wondering is there anyone who would commute daly. Will happily contribute towards petrol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

bus w***er

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

Erm...ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Skinny, have you asked the company if you could put up an ad on the work notice board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

TheBully wrote: »
    bus w***er
    Why did you even bother posting when you can't help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

Kettleson wrote: »
    Skinny, have you asked the company if you could put up an ad on the work notice board?

Hey,
    I havnt been in contact with the company as of yet,it's through a placement programme iv been accepted,I will be in touch with them as soon as my exams are over they have told to leave us be until exams are finished. I was just wondering on the off chance that there was. Bus in definitely not an option one of the worst un reliable routes bus eireann have is sligo ballina
    Thanks for the tip tho will ask if I can put up the advert when I'm in contact

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Good on you Skinny, put up a few notices in Dromard. I'm sure you'll get something. Hope your exams go well. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

TheBully wrote: »
    bus w***er

So the transport system in Marrakech consists of gold plated BMW's...... oh no wait..... buses may be involved......

Back on topic, dammit I work with 2 people that commute from Ballina to Sligo each day, wrong way for you. But I know they organised carpool by putting an ad in the local paper (and I think she said Tescos notice board). Unfotunatley, while Dromard is a fine spot, it's not a central hub re to and from commuting so all I can advise is that a few bobs for a note in the Social & Personal section of the Sligo Champion or Weekender might not go astray. Good luck in job (and commute).

Advertisement