Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere or Download, which has the better experience?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I've decided to start a new thread for this instead of asking it in the Sonisphere or Download threads as there may be some bias.
    I've decided this year to finally go to a metal festival after many years of planning it. My initial decision was to go to Download, but after some research, and judging by rumours, the line up at Sonisphere may be more to my liking, though, that does not say I wouldn't immensely enjoy the Download line up based on what's already announced because I would. But which festival generally has the better experience and atmosphere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

These are always down to opinion, so there will be no definitive answer.

Only been to Soni, in 2011, and the vibe of the place was great. Saw no fights, everyone in great form despite the weather so it definitely entices me back.

Campsite is in a slight valley which was awkward for us, but it happens. Overall its well laid out, I enjoy the two stage format.

Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Been to both and would recommend Sonisphere over Download in terms of organisation, less clashes, atmosphere and site layout. Line-up is always a personal choice but for me Soni normally has a slightly more diverse line-up with there always being something for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Been to Download two years in a row but skipping it this year based on a poor lineup. Had brilliant fun at it though and loads to do other then just music. If I was going to pick one this year it'd be Sonisphere as the lineup is exactly my thing but having seen both Maiden and Metallica at the last two Downloads I'm going to go further afield in Europe next year for something slightly different.

Advertisement