Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre 2016

Options
  • 01-12-2013 5:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭

I'm delighted to see my village is on the list

http://pressroom.eircom.net/images/uploads/4453_Eircom%20Map%20Page%20FA4.pdf

I'd never thought i see Fibre been available where i live, so well done Eircom.

Have you any specific dates for when this will begin? 

I live about 8km from Askeaton Co limerick, that area will go live with fibre June 2014. So i am hoping to see those Eircom vans in my village shortly after that lol 2015 would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Don't get too excited, I'm well within the boundary for the initial launch but have basically been told it'll never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I live about 8km from Askeaton Co limerick, that area will go live with fibre June 2014. So i am hoping to see those Eircom vans in my village shortly after that lol 2015 would be great.

Hi Cheerful Spring,

I'm afraid we have no specific dates on roll out plans or installations unfortunately, however Eircom will contact you when it's available to order in your area. Fingers crossed this will be soon.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Don't get too excited, I'm well within the boundary for the initial launch but have basically been told it'll never happen.
    When we moved into our new house back in April and changed our address with Eircom, they told us that we would be upgraded to Fibre at no additional cost the following July when it went live in Castleblayney. Now I see I will be waiting about three years :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    When we moved into our new house back in April and changed our address with Eircom, they told us that we would be upgraded to Fibre at no additional cost the following July when it went live in Castleblayney. Now I see I will be waiting about three years :P

Hi ShaShaBear,

I'm sorry to hear this however are roll out plans are not definite plans or schedules and can change all the time I'm afraid.
    If you would like to PM me your exact address and tel number and I can check this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

The extra 200,000 homes should be prioritized immediately if possible? Most of those 524 new communities only require 1 to 2 cabs at most and it shouldn't take long to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    The extra 200,000 homes should be prioritized immediately if possible? Most of those 524 new communities only require 1 to 2 cabs at most and it shouldn't take long to do.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi KIERAN1

I can understand that many people are looking forward to faster speeds however I can confirm there are no plans to prioritise these plans beyond the timeframe already advised and plans cannot be changed by request or demand.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Eircom Vans (aka Kelly Communications) are constantly in Askeaton past few weeks working on both cabinets in the town on alternate days. (Located in East Square adjacent to BoI & the corner of Main St. and William St. across from Top of the Town)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

The question that really needs to be asked is will these rural Eircom fibre enabled exchanges be able to have VDSL on the copper lines that run directly into them? I'm told at present fibre is only enabled from cabinets on the road side and not from the exchange directly. 

So my local exchange is scheduled to go to fibre and the local village will no doubt get a cabinet that allows them to be fibre enabled. Fantastic, but there are 100s of houses within 2Km of the exchange, where a roadside cabinet would not work to service them, but all would have copper lines less than 2Km for VDSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^

The question that really needs to be asked is will these rural Eircom fibre enabled exchanges be able to have VDSL on the copper lines that run directly into them? I'm told at present fibre is only enabled from cabinets on the road side and not from the exchange directly. 

So my local exchange is scheduled to go to fibre and the local village will no doubt get a cabinet that allows them to be fibre enabled. Fantastic, but there are 100s of houses within 2Km of the exchange, where a roadside cabinet would not work to service them, but all would have copper lines less than 2Km for VDSL.
    Hi MBSnr

We should have more news on VDSL towards the end of the year and I will of course forward your feedback and concerns to operations.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement