Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S4 modding thread.

• 01-12-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

No point in dragging the main thread off topic as its cluttered enough!

Anyone recommend any particular ROMS for this phone as I haven't had a chance to mod mine yet. My one is a Vodafone variant but I want to network unlock it and get rid of all the crap.

Any suggestions to get the ball rolling? ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

i need an answer for this as well please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I flashed to the google play edition 4.3 ROM. Its almost doubled the battery life of my phone. It also freed up some space as it doesn't have any samsung bloat ware.

Was thinking of flashing to 4.4.1 once the stable version hits the web, that or cyanogenmod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Any ideas on how to network unlock it??

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

bedlam wrote: »
    You could try this.

I did and it didn't work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I flashed to the google play edition 4.3 ROM. Its almost doubled the battery life of my phone. It also freed up some space as it doesn't have any samsung bloat ware.

Would you have a link to a guide you used or one you recommend. I was following some instructions on XDA a little while ago that were out of date and started to get some error messages when the phone was booting.

It was not a fun experience. Spent half a day getting it working again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

bedlam wrote: »
    You could try this.

Doesn't work since 4.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Anyone else using the Omega ROM? Just loaded it onto my S4 and very impressed with it!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2253528

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So what rom is everyone using? I installed the Cyanogenmod the other day and I notice that battery life has pretty much disappeared since so I'd be interested in trying another rom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

I'd love to switch over to cyanogen, but I've read that it's not a particular good build. I also don't want to give up adapt sound. So I guess I'm stuck with touchwiz for the time being. Suppose I'll start reading up on them. If someone finds a good one be sure to let us know!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can't say that I've noticed anything too bad with it to be honest, I was just sick of the laggy-ness of the stock image so I changed over, I'm not even getting a full day out of the phone now, with the stock image I could get close to 2 days without a charge, I'm not even using it that much at the moment either.

I'm nearly tempted to go back to the stick image, if I knew how to I nearly would

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

As above, give the Omega ROM a go. I wouldn't change it for anything else now. The link is in my other post.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Running Google play stock 4.4.2. Absolutely awesome. No lag. Buttery smooth.

Have you a link for that medic?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Just a quick update, I wasn't using my phone as a baby entertainment system for most of the day today and I noticed that my battery is now at 49%, I'm thinking Farm123 and Baby Einstein is what's killing my battery, can't really blame the ROM for that I suppose

Advertisement