Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[GAME][2.2+] Gooboids : My new arcades style game with innovative controls

Options
  • 01-12-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi there. I've just published by second Android game (My first game 'Outbreak: Zombie Apocalypse', which is no longer live, got a lot of great feedback here). It is called Gooboids, and here is the market link.

It is a classic arcade style game, which means it is not too easy! You start on level 1, and don't stop playing until you die, at which point you start again. Just like those classic arcade games, it doesn't hold your hand or auto-regenerate health and let you spawn over and over.

The game also features (what I think are) innovative controls. They sit either side of the screen and allow for pretty precise control over your Gooboid. The most important feature of the controls is that you can control the Gooboid without constantly looking at your fingers (a common problem with touch screen games due to the lack of tactile feedback), and they don't ever cover the screen while playing.

Some Screen shots:

MYC1Bx64VQd-1lcNODOhIbCnFdrqfcZx3Dq-h2KO1Zk1bLIKQBEz7dhh2mBMYX9skRQR=h310
    8vyX3YY9P3lrcGDV8tBNe1wt3sze7tQtP7VKmvUq1qhqJEb8lYdIuGejFUMLQsty8Bmz=h310
    exicU-_iYAP4bJtExVj65oISDjLyR89DwWi_kdRYWd1_Jxj2OgKcY2Ed3orsK6VfVNY=h900

Gameplay video (early levels)

Also there is a Facebook page and Twitter account, real website coming soon.

Thanks for your time!

-Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I'm not too into games, but that does look interesting and innovative. Good luck with it! I think this will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭theblacknight

Thanks for your response! I wanted the game to be something that anyone could pick up and play, so I'm glad that it appealed to a non-gamer.

Advertisement