Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove / Fireplace Fitters -A little help & advice?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi All,

Am in the process of purchasing a house in Carlow... back to my roots after years away.

The house was built in the 50's and i wish to take out two fireplaces, install double-lined insulated flues and multi-fuel stoves.

I have been to Flame on O'Brien road and King's in Athy and both places seemed very knowledgeable.

I now throw myself at the mercy of the Carlow boardsies for further advice.

Has anyone used either of these two places?
    How did you find them?

Or more to the point, how did you find their fitters?

I know King's fitter uses cameras to check out the existing chimney, can anyone tell me if Flame do?
    I dont mind paying a few quid to get the job done right, i know it's not as cheap and straightforward as some fitters try to make out.
    I would prefer someone who knows what they are doing and will tell the truth and do it right the first time.

I also need the old fireplaces removed and taken away and the new opes cleaned up, supported if necessary and made good.
    Do the fitters also carry out this construction work or do i need to contact a builder as well?

I have used the search function but the last mentions i found were nearly three years ago and would like some recent reviews if possible.

Thanks to all in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I have used both with work they both are good and know what they are doing. If i had to pick one i would go for kings. I always found the camera check well worth the money and peace of mind. But if you can be there to view it make sure you look at the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

You want to take out the fireplaces this close to Christmas? Won't somebody think of the children?

Advertisement