Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New passport

Options
  • 01-12-2013 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I want to get a new passport back in Ireland and fly back to Australia but my pr visa is linked to my old passport. Does anyone have any previous experience of doing I don't want to get denied boarding by an airline as my passport doesn't have a visa attached to it. Also how does it work entering Australia do you bring a copy of the previous one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Contact the immi there is a form you fill out, i went in and they did it there and then., But that was from an office rather than abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

I did this a few weeks back and like a chump turned up to fly back to Australia having completely forgotten to transfer the visa. Luckily the airline were pretty helpful and were able to do it by phone in 5 minutes but I wouldn't recommend this though, it was an anxious 5 minutes!

give immi a call on 131 881 and ask, I always find them really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

Download change of circumstance form from immigration. Fill in old details and new details, post back to immigration, maybe to London would do?, job done. Have done it for myself and kids, even added a new kid to PR!
    I still carry my old passport though! Even though its cancelled and I've never been asked as the new details are logged with Immi I like to carry the old paper visa, just in case....

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Sundy wrote: »
    give immi a call on 131 881 and ask, I always find them really helpful.

Me too, after the 20 minute wait

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

• Advertisement
Advertisement