Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Steak recipe ?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 5:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭

Got one today about 2 lbs weight sliced down the lenght and ready to be stuffed. About the size of a clenched fist and 11 inches long and no fat. I am home and showered and don't fancy going out again. What I have...
    Onions
    mushrooms
    Peppers all 3
    parmesan
    mature cheddar
    spuds
    Normal dry store stuff dry herbs, worster ? etc, Not cooking for herself till 7 or 8 so have some time
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd cut it into about four pieces and marinate it in soy sauce, honey, wholegrain mustard, garlic, chili and a little oil - with a thinly sliced onion stirred in. Then I'd pan fry it with all the marinade until it reduces and goes all gooey (if it reduces too much I add a drop of water to the pan). You could add the mushrooms and peppers to the pan or saute them separately, and have it all with mash or potato wedges.
    Of course you could stuff it and roast it too - there are lots of stuffing recipes in the forum if you do a search, especially in the Christmas Dinner thread.

Advertisement