Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow card

Options
  • 01-12-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

I got a yellow card today for what was obviously a joke. It might have been a bad one but I can't see how anyone would be offended by it.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed it with the mod who issued it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yes I have.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK - your card was for stating "Typical cheating Irish" in a match thread.

Now I don't have the context of the incident that gave rise to it - perhaps you could elaborate, as on the face of it making such an statement in any match thread on an Irish discussion site appears more like trolling than joking

Robbie Brady dived for a pen and was booked. I made the comment then. I am irish and most people here are irish. It was just a joke. Who would I be looking to troll. I think a yellow card is a bit harsh for taking the piss out of ourselfs.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Robbie Brady dived for a pen and was booked. I made the comment then. I am irish and most people here are irish. It was just a joke. Who would I be looking to troll. I think a yellow card is a bit harsh for taking the piss out of ourselfs.
    The problem as I see it is twofold:

1. Anyone looking at that without the context would see it as trolling the Irish (and you provided absolutely no context in the post, which is why I had to ask here)
    2. You were having a dig at an opposing player

If you had said something similar in a match thread involving, say Jonny Evans, I would imagine Man Utd fans would see it as trolling. I don't see a fundamental difference just because it was a Hull City (and former Man Utd) player involved

I would add here we are talking about a yellow card, which in the context of other actions I have noted from you after it was issued, is in my view a light "punishment" overall. I may have had a little more sympathy but for the hassle you caused the local mods after the card was issued. I won't go into details here unless you want me to, but you are fully aware of what I am referring to.

I am therefore upholding the card.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    The problem as I see it is twofold:

1. Anyone looking at that without the context would see it as trolling the Irish (and you provided absolutely no context in the post, which is why I had to ask here)
    2. You were having a dig at an opposing player

If you had said something similar in a match thread involving, say Jonny Evans, I would imagine Man Utd fans would see it as trolling. I don't see a fundamental difference just because it was a Hull City (and former Man Utd) player involved

I would add here we are talking about a yellow card, which in the context of other actions I have noted from you after it was issued, is in my view a light "punishment" overall. I may have had a little more sympathy but for the hassle you caused the local mods after the card was issued. I won't go into details here unless you want me to, but you are fully aware of what I am referring to.

I am therefore upholding the card.

I couldn't give a flying **** about robbie Brady. It was a joke. Why would I have a dig at an irish hull player. I reported posts afterwards as the person was trolling the match thread. Give the yellow card so I couldn't give a bollox.

Would you like an Admin to review this?

Advertisement