Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An alternative to Tinned Fish ?

Options
  • 01-12-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I am constantly hungry which the Internet leads me to believe is best solved by eating protein rich foods. Specifically I am looking for food to each for lunch at work so it needs to have zero preparation time (like opening a tin of fish or beans). I tried baked beans but the sugar content of the common brands concerned me so instead I opted for fish which I have been eating every day for years now. Interested in decreasing my meat consumption I am wondering if there is a vegetarian alternative. In summary I am looking for something with:

0. Vegetarian
    1. High protein content
    2. Zero prep time
    3. Portable and preferably single serving.
    4. Gluten free, as I am Coeliac

So any ideas ? Some type of tinned beans would be perfectly acceptable if anyone could tell me where I could find just that; baked beans, optionally in sauce, (as opposed to baked beans in sauce + loads of sugar/sugar substitute). For reference my lunch currently consists of:

Almonds, hazelnuts, grapes, a mandrin orange, carrot, sugarsnap peas, broccoli, cucumber, lettuce, corn cakes and a tin of tuna.

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

Advertisement