Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox steering wheel

Options
  • 01-12-2013 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recomend a good steering wheel, id be playing nfs shift and shift unleashed on it mainly, needs to have good force feedback and good build, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have you a budget ,

There's only a handful of 360 steering wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

Gatling wrote: »
    Have you a budget ,

There's only a handful of 360 steering wheels

Cant really put a budget on quality but say 100-150 max?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

matty1994 wrote: »
    Cant really put a budget on quality but say 100-150 max?

if you are referring to the XBOX 360 you have a few for that price, the EX2 goes for around 100 euro (link). Madcatz has another one for around 160 euro (link but this is just the wheel no pedals). So only a couple of choices on that price range I am afraid). There are also the logitech FX360, the XBOX 360 racing wheel, and there is a Ferrari Forza GT I think its called?

The wheels I have mentioned earlier do not have force feedback though, hence why they are so cheap!

One of the best known manufacturers is Fanatec, visit their website and have a look at some of their wheels/stands, very nice stuff!

This wheel is nice as well, compatible with PC/XBOX and PS3 (dont think it will ever work on XBOX one though but you never know).

link

Also, if you are thinking of upgrading to an XBOX one in the near future you might want to reconsider as none of this wheel will be compatible with the xbox (basically almost none of the average wheels will be).

You could try the Xbox speed wheel going for around 30e if your on a budget ,
    As previous poster recommended a Fanatec wheel which by all accounts are the best wheel on the market ,but your looking at €200 for just a wheel ,30 to another €150 on pedals and then 30- 60 + for a gear shifter you would need a budget of 300+ for a basic set up,

The Xbox speed wheel doesn't require pedals or shifters its wireless and has feedback its probably the easist and cheapest option available

You could try the Xbox speed wheel going for around 30e if your on a budget ,
    As previous poster recommended a Fanatec wheel which by all accounts are the best wheel on the market ,but your looking at €200 for just a wheel ,30 to another €150 on pedals and then 30- 60 + for a gear shifter you would need a budget of 300+ for a basic set up,

The Xbox speed wheel doesn't require pedals or shifters its wireless and has feedback its probably the easist and cheapest option available
    If thats the wireless one that looks like motorbike handle bars? Then i hate it, ive used it before and just hate it, ive found one in argos for like 110 but knowing argos it will break after like a month, im using an xbox 360 and dont plan on getting the xbox one, i just want something to play nfs shift on as its my favourite driving game and rgret selling my old steering wheel

• Advertisement

matty1994 wrote: »
    If thats the wireless one that looks like motorbike handle bars? Then i hate it, ive used it before and just hate it, ive found one in argos for like 110 but knowing argos it will break after like a month, im using an xbox 360 and dont plan on getting the xbox one, i just want something to play nfs shift on as its my favourite driving game and rgret selling my old steering wheel

That's the one

That's the one

Not fond of that one, id prefer a wheel with pedals

Advertisement