Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting my Phd

Options
  • 01-12-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I want to complete my Phd in Ireland in general and one of my choice is Dit.

so I have two questions:

is not true that all Phd in Ireland will start in September??

another question:

I want to use a library to search about my topic, but I am outside Ireland!!

do you know any online library??

could you help me with that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭setanta159

You can start a PhD at almost anytime but September is always advised due to fees etc. Once enrolled you would have access online to DIT's library and extensive databases such as Emerald etc. The enrolment process can be a challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Hi Hadia

setanta159 is right to an extent, you can, as I've done started my PhD at any time.

What I mean by 'to an extent' is that I had sourced my supervisor, and they agreed to take me on as a student last April. I 'officially' started in September, once enrolled after the application and research proposal went in and was approved. As setanta said the enrollment process can be a challenge!

The big thing is to get a good idea of what your research question or topic is, read up on the area to make sure the question hasn't already been answered, or if it has do you have a unique take on the research and then find a supervisor who is willing to take you on.

Remember, you'll need a supervisor who you think will benefit you and your research, as you'll be dealing with them for the next 4 to 8 years depending on if you do it full or part time.

Best of luck with it.... now back to my Lit Review!

Advertisement