Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evidence for work experience for PR

• 01-12-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm looking to go for PR down here in VIC or Tasmania. The job im looking to be nominated for requires 2 years post graduation experience. Id like to know from anyone who has gone through this process, what proof did immigration require. Was a headed reference from previous employer sufficient or was more evidence required like tax forms (P45).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭d.pop

A few years ago now but I had to provide a letter from my boss and a selection of payslips. Instead of sending 12 months worth I sent start, middle and end of year. Bosses letter was really just a reference, 2 birds with one stone!
    They also wanted bosses letter to say what my salary was.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Just got my PR granted last week. Initially I sent them a letter from each Company confirming the dates I worked there and a quick description of my duties (I wrote the text and asked my former bosses to check that they agreed, print on headed paper and sign. More likely get a response from a busy ex-boss that way)

Immigration came back and requested PAYG forms for each of the places I worked. I presume payslips would have worked as well. The reason for this would be so you can't just get a mate with access to company headed paper to claim you were working there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I have group certs for each of the three companies I worked for and a final payslip for my last company. This should suffice right?

Depends on the case officer. Should,but they might ask for a Position Description / Letter of Offer etc so they know you were working as the job that you are claiming experience for.

I would submit what you have got, and see if they ask for further info. In the mean time, contact your former employer and ask them for a letter. For one of the positions, I sent my Professional Development Review as evidence of my role.

Once the case officer replies, you have 28 days to provide the additional info requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I have references from all three employers aswell. So submitted those along with group certs for each and payslip for my last company.

Would have thought group certs would be best as they show start dates and last date along with all money earned during that time.

Submitted all my documentation this morning as I had prepared it over the last fee weeks. Pretty certain I've got everything now. Including AFP and Garda checks. Just wasn't sure about whether they wanted payslips or if group certs would suffice.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they specifically asked for the group certs from me, not payslips. As long as they are comfortable you worked there when you said you did, they are happy.

Good luck with it!

Advertisement