Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDI Gearbox Help

Options
  • 01-12-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

Need some advise on a car I recently purchased.
    It's a 2006 2.0 TDI 140 HP English import, lovley car ect..
    But, there's a slight knocking noise from the car when idleing.
    Inside the car there is a whiney sort of slight vibration, although it's only 60% of the time it's doing my head in.
    Could someone who may had experience with this/these help me.
    Just like to know if it will be mad money :eek:
    I was told when purchasing that a realse bearing was gone but that's not much help.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

LukeH wrote: »
    Hi,

Need some advise on a car I recently purchased.
    It's a 2006 2.0 TDI 140 HP English import, lovley car ect..o
    But, there's a slight knocking noise from the car when idleing.
    Inside the car there is a whiney sort of slight vibration, although it's only 60% of the time it's doing my head in.
    Could someone who may had experience with this/these help me.
    Just like to know if it will be mad money :eek:
    I was told when purchasing that a realse bearing was gone but that's not much help.

Cheers.

DMF I am afraid.. where you based??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LukeH

Truckermal wrote: »
    DMF I am afraid.. where you based??

Alright, thanks for the feedback.
    If you know, what will happen to it, as I do drive it, or what should I do next?
    Cheers.

Alright, thanks for the feedback.
    If you know, what will happen to it, as I do drive it, or what should I do next?
    Cheers.

Does the noise go away when you press down the clutch?? Did you buy it off a garage??

Does the noise go away when you press down the clutch?? Did you buy it off a garage??

Yeah the noise goes awat when I press the clutch. While driving there can be a slight vibration noise like as if it was from the back. The noise itself ( the knocking when idling ) only happens sometimes.
    I bought it from a gentleman my family know.

Yeah the noise goes awat when I press the clutch. While driving there can be a slight vibration noise like as if it was from the back. The noise itself ( the knocking when idling ) only happens sometimes.
    I bought it from a gentleman my family know.

Its definitely the DMF soo and he probably knew that too, did he give a warranty as your talking the bones of a grand for the whole lot.

• Advertisement

Its definitely the DMF soo and he probably knew that too, did he give a warranty as your talking the bones of a grand for the whole lot.

Ok, I was aiming that it could be around a grand. I didn't get a warranty or anything, he stated the the situation to me ( what his mechanic told him)so I bought it knowing there was a repair neeeded. I got the for €1200 less than he was asking so I don't mind. is it ok to continue driving or should it be done right away? Thanks alot for your help.

Ok, I was aiming that it could be around a grand. I didn't get a warranty or anything, he stated the the situation to me ( what his mechanic told him)so I bought it knowing there was a repair neeeded. I got the for €1200 less than he was asking so I don't mind. is it ok to continue driving or should it be done right away? Thanks alot for your help.

Its hard to say really but I would be getting it done ASAP, where you based??

Its hard to say really but I would be getting it done ASAP, where you based??

Thanks for your help, I'm getting it sorted tomorrow, and I'm in south Dublin.

Thanks for your help, I'm getting it sorted tomorrow, and I'm in south Dublin.

Did you get a price after? Make sure its not a solid flyeheel and that the new kit is either Luk or Sachs..

Did you get a price after? Make sure its not a solid flyeheel and that the new kit is either Luk or Sachs..

Yeah, in or around €400-€500 if it's just the release bearing otherwise €900ish for a flywheel too, but I was told it is to diffacult to determine what the exact problem is whithout taking it apart. And thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yeah, in or around €400-€500 if it's just the release bearing otherwise €900ish for a flywheel too, but I was told it is to diffacult to determine what the exact problem is whithout taking it apart. And thanks for the help.
    Do the whole lot at the same time otherwise you will be changing it again.

Advertisement