If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable for mini hifi system

Options
  • 01-12-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi
    I was looking for a turntable for my stereo(Denon D-M37).
    I was preferably looking for something I could plug straight in without having to purchase a pre amp if possible. I had seen good reviews for the pro-ject essential 2 and rega rp1 and was wondering what you recommend or if you had any alternative suggestions? My budget is around €250-300.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JB05 wrote: »
    Hi
    I was looking for a turntable for my stereo(Denon D-M37).
    I was preferably looking for something I could plug straight in without having to purchase a pre amp if possible. I had seen good reviews for the pro-ject essential 2 and rega rp1 and was wondering what you recommend or if you had any alternative suggestions? My budget is around €250-300.
    Thanks
    JB05,

bit the Project and especially the Rega are excellent turntables however they will both need a preamp - however this does not have to completely bust your budget.

The Project Essential http://www.richersounds.com/product/turntables/project/essential-2/proj-essential-2-blk with the Cambridge Audio 551P preamp we could do at £249.95 / €308.99 - if your heart was set on the RP1 ( and I wouldnt blame you - it's an excellent turntable) you could temporarly partner it with the B-Tech budget BT-26 preamp to get you going ( you could always upgrade the preamp later) and this would be just £239.95 / €296.99 

BT-26:  http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/btech/bt26-pre-amp/b-te-bt26prea

Cambridge Audio 551P pre-amp: http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/cambridge-audio/azur-551p/camb-551p-blk

Thanks again and keep us posted!,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JB05

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a think about them both and get back to you soon.

John

Hi John,

Whats the best deal you could do on the Rega RP1 and the Cambridge Audio 551P preamp?

Thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi John, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the margin on the Rega is very tight so the best that we could offer would be free delivery on those 2.

Sorry we can't do any better than that.

Keep us posted if we can help with anything else.

ATB

Dave

OK, what would the price be on those two, the rega rp1 with the Cambridge audio pre amp?
    Thanks
    John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, it might have helped if I'd put the price on it.

The price would be £299.90 / 369 Euro including delivery.

We are expecting more of the RP1 turntables in soon in the graphite. I have white available at the moment.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave, understand the price might be tight on the rega but could you do a deal on the cambridge audio pre amp?

John did offer a discount on both options on the original response, the quote above for the rega and cambridge audio pre amp is the same as the site.

I would be interested in the rega(titanium) and  the cambrige audio pre amp but €369 is a bit too much for me.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JB05 wrote: »
    Thanks Dave, understand the price might be tight on the rega but could you do a deal on the cambridge audio pre amp?

John did offer a discount on both options on the original response, the quote above for the rega and cambridge audio pre amp is the same as the site.

I would be interested in the rega(titanium) and  the cambrige audio pre amp but €369 is a bit too much for me.
    JB05,
    apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have been pretty mental the last few days and I've been in and out and I'm just starting to try to catch up on mails, PM's and posts from earlier in the week, apologies!

There really isnt a lot of extra movement on the RP1 and the 551P - there are pretty much on the floor pricewise at the moment! The best we can do is £279.95 / €345, with delivery at £12.95 / €14.99..

Rega is M E G A scarce at the moment - but we hope to get a pre-Christmas shipment so if you are looking for one - I'd get your name down asap!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.