Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avent soother keep melting in steriliser

Options
  • 01-12-2013 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have found this before...

The AVENT soothers tend to bubble up and melt/misform when in a (Clevamama) Microwave soother steam steriliser for the recommended 3 mins. This is recommended by Clevamama as I cannot see any recommendations from AVENT. I have seen this happen twice now unfortunately.

Does anyone know how long you should have these AVENT soothers in the steriliser for?

p.s
    Microwave is a 750W one - so not that strong.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have had no problem with the soothers in any of our sterilisers.
    Maybe e-mail clevamama about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I have the avent steriliser and it's instructions are 2mins. Can't see how an extra minute would make such a difference but definitely doesn't sound right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is there enough water in the steriliser? My partner once put the steriliser on before heading for work one morning and forgot to put enough water in. Melted all my bottles :\ Had a rush trying to get dressed and get out to buy new ones before the little one got too hungry!

This was a microwave steriliser also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Are they at the top of the steriliser maybe its hotter at the bottom, i've never managed to melt stunts but melted loads of teething rings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Diaz

Digs wrote: »
    I have the avent steriliser and it's instructions are 2mins. Can't see how an extra minute would make such a difference but definitely doesn't sound right!

Thanks - I have made sure to only set it to 2 and all seems to be ok.
    Clevamama soother tree/steriliser is not much good to be honest so I'll be looking to replace it sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 redbutler1

I have the Clevamama soother tree and it goes in the microwave for 60 seconds not 3 minutes. Maybe it's just in for too long?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭Diaz

redbutler1 wrote: »
    I have the Clevamama soother tree and it goes in the microwave for 60 seconds not 3 minutes. Maybe it's just in for too long?

Strange? Mine definitely says to microwave for 3mins for a +750W microwave and mine is 750W bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 redbutler1

Just reread the instructions; 60secs is for 800W and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Seems strange that it's 3 mins for 750W and 1 min for 800W. I'd just do it for 2 mins or so and see how you get on...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Diaz wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have found this before...

The AVENT soothers tend to bubble up and melt/misform when in a (Clevamama) Microwave soother steam steriliser for the recommended 3 mins. This is recommended by Clevamama as I cannot see any recommendations from AVENT. I have seen this happen twice now unfortunately.

Does anyone know how long you should have these AVENT soothers in the steriliser for?

p.s
    Microwave is a 750W one - so not that strong.

Thanks.

That does seem very strange. I have a 750w microwave, Avent soothers and the clevamama steriliser and I've never had any problems. I always set it for 3 minutes.

Maybe your microwave is just stronger than the wattage suggests?

• Advertisement
Advertisement