Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre 6 months nightmare!

Options
  • 01-12-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm an Eircom customer. In may I've decided to upgrade my broadband to e-fibre. After changing the installation dates 3 times finally got the router and wallbox installed in 26 or 27 of June. Broadband was working for exactly 2 days. Since then until middle of august I was

trying to get this thing sorted by them. I was ringing technical support, customer care, efibre team and usually that's how it was just switched from one department to the other. It took almost two months, around 40 phone calls and 460 minutes to get the technician to my

place. 6.5 minutes that was the time that took the technician to find a broken piece inside the box which was faulty put when they we're installing the box on the wall. I was thinking that the case is over and finally have my connection. It was working exactly 2 weeks. Since

1 of september the connection was cut off again. After another month completely frustrating calls and trying to have it fixed I had enough. I rang the technical support with query is there a chance to go back to the previous broadband package I had but I was told that it is not

possible. For the first time there was a person that was surprised about my experience. For the next few weeks he tried to involve more people into this and get this sorted. With his help finally somebody from "higher level" got involved into this. On the 31st of October I was

told that my old account was deleted, that new account was just created, that in a matter of compensation I will get 60euro credit on a new account and 15 euro discount for the next 6 months because of the troubles I've experienced, and that it should take 24 hrs to get

this thing working and that there will be technician coming next day or monday to make sure that everything is ok.Somebody was ringing on friday tellin' me that the technician will come to my place in next week. On monday 4th of nov I had a missed call from the same nr

and that was the last update I got. Unfortunately the man from tech suuport that was helping me has left Eircom, so he can't help me anymore, when I ring 1901, customer care or technical support I'm told that my case was escalated, emails where sent and no one can't

contact anyone in regards to my case. That's what I experience with Eircom since 6 months. At the minute nobody knows when or what is going on with my order. I've put a complaint around 2 weeks ago to comreg but when I rang them last friday I was told that they have

to wait for Eircom to come back to them and there's no time frame for a case like that so maybe I should wait for another 6 months? When I asked comreg what they supposed to do the answer I got was - We will contact Eircom again and escalate the case. When I asked

how are they gonna do it? What does it mean? this beautiful escalation word that I hear from Eircom all the time. Guess what? We will contact Eircom.On last wednesday I got a bill for a phone line rental for two months for 60 euro. First of all where's the credit that I

supposed to get? Why should I be charged 30euro per month for a line rental if it supposed to be only a 10 in a bundle but they can't fix the problem so they charge for a phone line itself? :D:D:D When I heard that I just had enough. Decided to ring Eircom and cancel

everything. Now is the best part. On a friday I rang Eircom and that's what I've heard. I was with them with a contract for 8mb broadband and a phone line. Because they we're all the time saying that in a bundle the phone line is only a 10e I decided to keep it even when I

switch to efibre. When I decided to switch to this new plan I was told that the old contract is over and from now on I'll get the new 18 month contract for broadband and phone line. So when I said that I want co cancel everything that is related to my name the whole bundle I

was told that I'm in a contract with them so I will have to pay them an early cancellation fee because the phone line is working. I ask why should I pay for something I didn't order? I've ordered the broadband and the phone line? Why should I pay extra money (30e) because

they cannot fix the broadband? I'm sorry sir I understand where You come from but if You want to cancel this there will be a cancellation fee. Did he even listen to me? Why should I pay anything for this frustrating f....g mess, incompetence and ignorance of the people in

there? The problem is that I don't have any idea what to do next? Can anyone come with some kind of solution for that s...t ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

I feel your pain Majorstopczyk. I hope someone will come up with solution to this. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi,
    I'm an Eircom customer. In may I've decided to upgrade my broadband to e-fibre. After changing the installation dates 3 times finally got the router and wallbox installed in 26 or 27 of June. Broadband was working for exactly 2 days. Since then until middle of august I was

trying to get this thing sorted by them. I was ringing technical support, customer care, efibre team and usually that's how it was just switched from one department to the other. It took almost two months, around 40 phone calls and 460 minutes to get the technician to my

place. 6.5 minutes that was the time that took the technician to find a broken piece inside the box which was faulty put when they we're installing the box on the wall. I was thinking that the case is over and finally have my connection. It was working exactly 2 weeks. Since

1 of september the connection was cut off again. After another month completely frustrating calls and trying to have it fixed I had enough. I rang the technical support with query is there a chance to go back to the previous broadband package I had but I was told that it is not

possible. For the first time there was a person that was surprised about my experience. For the next few weeks he tried to involve more people into this and get this sorted. With his help finally somebody from "higher level" got involved into this. On the 31st of October I was

told that my old account was deleted, that new account was just created, that in a matter of compensation I will get 60euro credit on a new account and 15 euro discount for the next 6 months because of the troubles I've experienced, and that it should take 24 hrs to get

this thing working and that there will be technician coming next day or monday to make sure that everything is ok.Somebody was ringing on friday tellin' me that the technician will come to my place in next week. On monday 4th of nov I had a missed call from the same nr

and that was the last update I got. Unfortunately the man from tech suuport that was helping me has left Eircom, so he can't help me anymore, when I ring 1901, customer care or technical support I'm told that my case was escalated, emails where sent and no one can't

contact anyone in regards to my case. That's what I experience with Eircom since 6 months. At the minute nobody knows when or what is going on with my order. I've put a complaint around 2 weeks ago to comreg but when I rang them last friday I was told that they have

to wait for Eircom to come back to them and there's no time frame for a case like that so maybe I should wait for another 6 months? When I asked comreg what they supposed to do the answer I got was - We will contact Eircom again and escalate the case. When I asked

how are they gonna do it? What does it mean? this beautiful escalation word that I hear from Eircom all the time. Guess what? We will contact Eircom.On last wednesday I got a bill for a phone line rental for two months for 60 euro. First of all where's the credit that I

supposed to get? Why should I be charged 30euro per month for a line rental if it supposed to be only a 10 in a bundle but they can't fix the problem so they charge for a phone line itself? :D:D:D When I heard that I just had enough. Decided to ring Eircom and cancel

everything. Now is the best part. On a friday I rang Eircom and that's what I've heard. I was with them with a contract for 8mb broadband and a phone line. Because they we're all the time saying that in a bundle the phone line is only a 10e I decided to keep it even when I

switch to efibre. When I decided to switch to this new plan I was told that the old contract is over and from now on I'll get the new 18 month contract for broadband and phone line. So when I said that I want co cancel everything that is related to my name the whole bundle I

was told that I'm in a contract with them so I will have to pay them an early cancellation fee because the phone line is working. I ask why should I pay for something I didn't order? I've ordered the broadband and the phone line? Why should I pay extra money (30e) because

they cannot fix the broadband? I'm sorry sir I understand where You come from but if You want to cancel this there will be a cancellation fee. Did he even listen to me? Why should I pay anything for this frustrating f....g mess, incompetence and ignorance of the people in

there? The problem is that I don't have any idea what to do next? Can anyone come with some kind of solution for that s...t ?

[font=Times New Roman", "serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi Majorstopczyk,[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having and the bad experience you have encountered, I understand your frustration.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll investigate this for you?[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Tracey [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 majorstopczyk

Thanks, I had enough this morning and I've cancelled all the services (lack of them) with eircom. Hopefully someday they'll be able to fix problems like that. Bye an thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks, I had enough this morning and I've cancelled all the services (lack of them) with eircom. Hopefully someday they'll be able to fix problems like that. Bye an thanks. 
    Hi majorstopczyk

Very sorry to hear this, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Al

Advertisement