Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin -> Amsterdam -> Kuala Lumpur -> Sydney

Options
  • 01-12-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi there.

I'm just wondering has anybody flown this route before or plan on using it?

Dublin -> Amsterdam is with Aer Lingus and the following flights are with Malaysian Airlines.

Does anyone know if once our bags are checked in at Dublin Airport, are they then sent straight to Sydney without us having to collect them at airports etc.?

Also, what are the luggage allowance etc? How many bags can you bring and at what weight free of charge?

Thanks so much. Nerves have firmly settled in even more so since our regional work seems to have falling through. We are our firmly heading into the unknown!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I've flown malaysian through KL before, but to Heathrow, not Amsterdam.
    Malaysian Airlines are grand, pretty good value for money.

You should be able to check your bags the whole way through if it was all booked at once, definitely from Amsterdam onwards as its all Malaysian Airlines.

Luggage allowance will be on your ticket, 32kg probably, 1 hand luggage, up to 32 kg underneath I reckon.

All of South Australia (i.e Adelaide) is still classified as regional AFIK, you should be able to get something down there.

Don't stress it. You'll have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I flew that route but with Melbourne as the final destination instead of Sydney and my bags were checked through the whole way. Just ask at the desk when you check in in Dublin and they'll tell you there. The baggage allowance will be on your ticket, can't remember what mine was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I found MAS to be only OK. Would not really fly them again but they weren't the worst (BA!).

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Have done that route aswel, I think the checked baggage is 30kg with Malaysia and 23kg with lingus so you might need to be wary of that, also the hand luggage is only 7 with Malaysia,10 with lingus.

I find them grand to fly with, free beer if you want and the food is alright.

Advertisement