Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone problem - can anyone help?

• 01-12-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

My iPhone is damaged and won't turn on. When I plug in power the apple logo comes up and disappears again. This continues every 10-20 seconds but never gets past logo. Tried plugging into laptop and same occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

My iPhone is damaged and won't turn on. When I plug in power the apple logo comes up and disappears again. This continues every 10-20 seconds but never gets past logo. Tried plugging into laptop and same occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Exact same thing is happening to us right now!!! Few things we were advised to do:
    1- Press and hold the home button and lock buttonf at same time and this will restart the phone.
    2- If above doesn't work you'll need to connect phone to iTunes to restore it. Unless you've back up to iCloud you're going to lose data. Connect cable to computer, press the home button and then connect the phone. This is putting your phone into recovery mode. ITunes will recognise that phone is in recovery mode and prompt you to restore phone.

Hopefully it will work for you!

Unfortunately for us we keep getting error messages during the restore so cannot complete restore but we've always had problem with this laptop and iTunes. If you've always been able to use iTunes and had no problems then the restore should work for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try get it into DFU and then restore.theres loads of videos on YouTube showing how to put it in DFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

Sorry for butting in guil but do you mind me asking what is DFU?
    Have been doing restore via iTunes to no avail due to error messages. Just started thread asking for help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's device firmware upgrade. To put the phone in that state you need to have it connected to a PC and off. Hold the power button for 3 seconds, continue holding the power button and the home button for 10 seconds then let go of the power button while still holding the home button. iTunes should say it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and the screen of the phone will be black.

Advertisement