Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap car insurance over 25yo

• 01-12-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Im 26 years old and I have 2 years no claims bonus plus 7 years named driving experience. I looking for renewal on my 1.9tdi but the quotes im getting are ridiculous. 570-700 fully comp. Surely with all my and being over 25 it should be on a downward trend.

Oh yea, ive never had an accident or a claim !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You have two years under your own policy, I think your doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭monsterdev

Really ? What age does it start to come down ? Im fed up with the extraordinary premiums we have to pay in this country. They should open up the eu insurance market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I'm getting really good quotes off of http://www.firstireland.ie/ compared to chill for example.

They make insuring something other than a 1 litre affordable.

I'm 25 in Feb and paying 800 on a 530d even though I've had my own policies since 18 and absolutely no claims.
    It will start coming down for you but insurance companies don't really recognise named experience, moreso experience with your own policy. Two years with your own policy even at 25 for that money is sadly what you shgould be expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

monsterdev wrote: »
    Really ? What age does it start to come down ? Im fed up with the extraordinary premiums we have to pay in this country. They should open up the eu insurance market.

You've only being paying them 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭monsterdev

Ive been paying for 9

monsterdev wrote: »
    Ive been paying for 9

Named counts for very very little thats why your premiums are a little high. Although in fairness they're ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

try AIG , im insured on a DC2 type r for just over 700 , im 23 , 6 years NCB and a Full clean license .

Cheapest quote i got prior to that was liberty which was over 1140 !! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

570 fully comp for a 25 yo with 2 years ncb isn't awful tbh. I know it's not a sports car but it's also not a yaris.

I think the named driver experience stops being relevant when you have your own ncb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

OP that ain't too bad what are you driving.
    But regardless that is ok.
    Yes you have experience but your still just 25 also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

What does Allianz quote you?

I left Quinn/Liberty for them a few months ago.. nearly 50% less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm 38 and I pay €460 on a TDI, so it's not too bad considering your age.

Advertisement